Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend with depression has ended things

Sallycinnamon
    Thank you. It's hard going at the moment as we were so used to talking constantly through the day and now his replies are taking ages. I'm trying not to overthink things and I'm giving him space. I desperately want to know what he thinks about us getting back together but I'm not going to bring that up yet. I know I'm in an emotional state at the moment and don't want to scare him off and put pressure on him. It's really hard though!

Keep doing what you're doing. You are both still talking which is a huge thing right now.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Sallycinnamon
    Thank you. I left it to him to make contact today. I had a good talk with myself and told myself to be more positive and humorous in my replies. We've been texting all evening and he just told me that he doesn't want to lose me that I'm his soulmate. I've told him that he has to be 100% sure that this is what he wants as we can't go through this hell again.

Are you looking after you?

Sallycinnamon
    Yes I'm getting there Thank you. I've said that if he feels like he did last week ever again that he'll have to let me in and help him that I can't go through the pain of this past week ever again. I know it's not going to be easy as he is sure to get low again someday. I'm taking baby steps back into the relationship. I really want to Thank you from the bottom of my heart for keeping me sane these past few days. x

Hey, it was all you! We were just on the sidelines with pom-poms
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Absolutely agree with Paula - you did this, we just supported you along the way...

Sallycinnamon
    It was your help that got me through It, I would've bombarded him crying or even ended up at his house like a stalker otherwise. You helped me put things into perspective when I was out of control. Thank you x

No problem, but I hope you're going to stick around and let us get to know you better?

Sallycinnamon
    Oh yes I will be definitely. x