Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend with depression has ended things

Sallycinnamon
    He sent me another one early hours saying he feels bad for what he's done to me and he always will and I was right in what I said in my messages to him. I just sent one to tell him he doesn't need to add feeling bad about me to what he's going through he has enough to deal with at the moment.

Maybe suggest that he thinks about getting an appointment with his Dr? Maybe you could offer to go with him?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Sallycinnamon
    I've just told him that I'm always there for him and that I love him. He said that he loved me and always will. I'm not putting any pressure on him to take me back though. He's been drinking a lot on his own since we ended, which in itself is a depressant and he knows it's wrong. I've suggested he tries to keep busy and that I'll be there for him if he needs. He can't get the bad feeling of what he's done to me out of his head. I've said that he doesn't need to do that as he has enough to deal with.

Sound like you are doing everything you can. You're amazing.

Sallycinnamon
    Thank you. Being on here and trying to understand something about depression has helped me. I want to Thank you for your help and kindness.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sallycinnamon For This Useful Post:

Suzi (19-11-17)

One important point to make - in worrying about his mental health, please make sure you don’t neglect your own. Stress can have a big impact on anyone
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sallycinnamon
    Yes Thank you. I know that I've been neglecting myself these past few days. Today was the first time I've eaten since this happened and I know it's not healthy. The nausea is getting better Thank goodness. I now have a cold and I'm guessing that all this bought it on.

Make sure you are kind to yourself x

Sallycinnamon
    Thank you I'm trying. We're still talking just general chit chat at the moment though. x

Nothing wrong with chit chat. You’re doing great, hunni
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.