Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boyfriend with depression has ended things

Sallycinnamon
    I've just sent the message. I'm actually shaking 😨

Sorry I sent that twice!
    Last edited by Suzi; 18-11-17 at 10:24 PM. Reason: Merging posts. Please try not to double post minutes apart. Thanks!

Well done, lovely
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sallycinnamon
    Thank you x

Well done! I hope you hear something positive really soon... Keep talking - it will help..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Sallycinnamon
    He's in work at the moment so he might not reply for that reason or he just might not reply at all. I won't go on WhatsApp now until tomorrow I don't want him thinking I'm on it constantly waiting for his response. Hell I might even be blocked by now! Thank you, getting the advise from you on here made me send the message. I would've been too scared and ashamed otherwise. x

I don't think you have anything to be ashamed of at all.

Sallycinnamon
    I was ashamed of my last response to him. But at least now he knows I'm here if he wants.

That message was sent in anger. It's totally understandable... Hang on in there. Whether he chooses to reply and get together again or not, at least you'll know and he will know how you truly feel...

Sallycinnamon
    He answered! He says he deserved my angry message and that he's angry about everything at the moment. He's sorry about hurting me and ruining everything. I haven't responded yet as I'm trying to think of what to say without scaring him and pushing him away again.

That’s a good start, lovely. He knows you’re there for him now and that’s so important for you both
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.