I've been seeing this guy for a year. We're in our early 40's and have kids from previous relationships who we have both grown close to. We live around 50 minutes from each other and as Im a single parent we manage to see each other every weekend but talk daily. He suffers from depression which gets worse this time of year and he'll go from being happy and loving, talks about moving in and getting married (instigated by him) to I'd be better off without him and the hassle of his complicated life. Both his exes are making it difficult for him to see the kids who he loves dearly and they him. He told me he has never loved anyone like he loves me and has never had someone so supportive. We had a great weekend away together last weekend and on Monday night he told me that after this weekend he loved me even more and that I was his soulmate. On Tuesday he finished with me saying he was struggling with his life (his ex and children) and the distance between us and couldn't do it anymore and he'd been struggling for a while. He said it was breaking his heart having to do it. This was done through text. He wouldn't answer the phone to me. He then blocked me and my children from Facebook. I sent him a long heartfelt message yesterday on WhatsApp which he read but didn't respond to and admittedly a few hours later I sent him another one calling him cruel the way he ended things without even the decency of a phone call and that I didn't deserve this that he's broken my heart. I said that I would block him on WhatsApp and my phone so he wouldn't have to hear from me again. Now I'm in a panic because we can't communicate at all and even if I unblock him what if he doesn't respond again? I'm heartbroken, feel helpless and so confused. How can someone say they love someone so much one day to cut you out of their life the next day? Is this the depression or was he lying for the whole of the relationship?