Quote Originally Posted by missjames98 View Post
September 2016 I was diagnosed with depression and generalized anxiety disorder. Originally, I was put on fluoxetine (you may know it as Prozac) but that made me feel a lot worse so my doctor switched me to sertraline. January 2017 I started taking sertraline and honestly since then I cannot remember a time I was truly happy. I realise that compared to the person I was before all of this started I am now such a bitter person and I don't find anything I used to enjoyable. I basically either feel numb and flat or really depressed and things have been like that for nearly a year and I am starting to question if this is a lifelong scentence...that's why I'd like to know other people's experiences. Did you ever get "the old you" back?
I dont think you will ever "get the old you back" simply because as we grow older situations and people change us and our character. As we grow older we develop into a "more newer style of person" If your bitter its because you are dealing with situations are make you bitter, it can be the product of a state of mind. Think about why you are bitter and use reason to changing this. Once you change your mentality and deal with what you need to deal with, you will be in a bigger, better place in terms of depression and anxiety.