Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My story *SU TRIGGERS*

What about seeing if there's something like a community lunch event or something so you aren't alone...

Loneliness sucks. Can you look into joining a group or something? What about utilising something like meetup?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

How are you today?

Andrew
    Hi all,

Just an update. I've been put onto 30mg of mitrazapine. Back at docs on 19th as she wants to see me before Christmas
    Hard to describe my mood at the minute. Really feel like I could cry at any minute but when I try there's nothing there. Just feel really empty. I've got nothing to look forward too. No closer to getting my family back, do not want to see anyone so can't make plans. My life is just empty.

Andrew
    Also, my anxiety seems to be up a lot more. Finding it hard to switch my mind off and always thinking of worst case scenarios

So glad your GP is wanting to keep an eye on how you are feeling. That's really positive. Remember that they will take a while to get into your system properly.

Andrew
    Had my first counselling session tonight. Didn't really know what to say as I've never done anything like it before. Felt like I just blabbed on.

She reckons due to events my mind has been in 'survival mode' for years. She thinks that when I was at my happiest and safest that's when my depression came out. Also saying I've been let down by lots of people in the past could have had an affect on me.

Quite tired after it, so early night for me. Day with the daughter tomorrow, gonna go get my hair cut and do a bit of shopping then snuggles with her and no doubt watch Peppa Pig!

Counselling is exhausting and you’ll probably feel it tomorrow, just FYI. Have fun with your daughter
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Have fun with your daughter today!
    Paula is right, counselling is exhausting. It's really important to try to do something to be kind to you after each session.

Andrew
    Wish i could get rid of my Self hatred and regret but i can't.

You can with time and practise. It's really hard, but every time you think something negative about yourself stop yourself and turn it to a positive.
    Tell me 3 things that you like about yourself or are positives about you?