Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: My story *SU TRIGGERS*

Can I just say that the person who I have become is a nicer, more understanding and relaxed person now, than I was before my mental health started to deteriorate. I really wanted my old life back but now, I think I prefer this me.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

Paula (21-10-17),Suzi (22-10-17)

I’ve had to learn the very hard way that it’s impossible to have our old lives back. We can only move forward. If we can, we learn from the past. If we’re lucky, some of the past comes with us. I know that probably sounds pithy to you but it’s true. You will get through this, lovely, life will get easier.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Suzi (22-10-17)

Thing is, none of are the same today as we were yesterday....
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Andrew
    So yesterday I went to work. Got in at 8pm. Felt alright compared to normal. I stood in the kitchen and I overdosed on dertraline. I had to go to hospital. I'm now getting counselling and my medication is being changed.

Oh sweetheart . Are you still in hospital? Is there someone who can look after you while you recover?
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Andrew, are you safe? Are you being looked after? Oh sweetheart I'm so sorry that you felt that bad....

Andrew
    I got out of hospital at 5am. I'm at my dad's house. I'm just tired. I've hit rock bottom. Only way is up I guess. New medication will sedate me more so hopefully my mind won't be in overdrive and I'll get some sleep. Rings counselling tomorrow to get enrolled onto it. The pain just got too much. The mental health liaison worker said I need to stop thinking about what I don't have and think positively what I do have. Gonna try to live by that.

I’m so relieved you’re at your dad’s. Please make sure you rest, you need to let your body recover just as much as your mind. Sending huge hugs, lovely

Andrew, how are you doing today?

What a crap time to be let out of hospital! I'm so glad you are at your Dad's. I hope you're being looked after lovely x