Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Looking for Reassurance (SH Triggers)

Then you definitely need to involve the union rep.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

He came in before 8am, kept telling me what I was doing wasn't important, then put the meeting off until just before lunch.

Then the time came and I was still really busy and he didn't say anything until after 3pm when he walked into my office to ask me what I'd been doing all afternoon.

Then he started the meeting, told me I keep repeating the same mistakes and that he'd organise a meeting with HR to assess my suitability for the job. No mention of the hospital appointment to approve / disapprove of it.

With him being in all day I was worried that he'd tell me off for calling my union.

You really need to find out your rights, either with the union rep or by contacting Citizens Advice (their information on problems at work is https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/wo...oblem-at-work/). I’m sorry Tony, we can offer support but we’re not legally trained and trying to offer you any advice would not help you.
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi Tony, sorry it doesn't sound good but I agree with Paula get some advice from a proper source. I'd hate to suggest something wrong..
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

My union rep will be back in tomorrow, so I'll ask her for help.
    If the manager organises his HR meeting for Wednesday afternoon, I'll remind him that I have the hospital appointment and of the email I sent to him regarding it on Tuesday morning. It might not end up clashing but if it does it'll confirm he's doing this on purpose.

Hope that your rep is able to help you with this.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

She's contacted a full time union worker for more advice.

That sounds sensible.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

In light of my autistic spectrum disorder diagnosis, the union has recommended to my manager that adjustments be made before reassessing my competency.
    Even though I've been in the job for a decade they'll probably ask what's suddenly changed for me to not be able to cope with the workload. The gradual loss of the other 3 members of the team is a major contributor, plus the move to the new building while buying in a significant quantity of second hand equipment (some of which is older than my job) and the change of the branch manager. When I think about it there's a lot, but if I'm put on the spot in a meeting my mind fogs up and I can't explain any of it.

I'll write a list before the meeting is arranged.

The list is a good idea. Write it out bit by bit. Explain the things you are finding difficult etc...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn