Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Looking for Reassurance (SH Triggers)

You're so unhappy - why would you stay?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I'm leaving a lot of amazing people behind. I can't bear the thought of not seeing some of them again. Hopefully we'll bump into each other in future, but nothing would be certain.

Nothing stopping you from meeting up with them after you've left.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

The important people won’t leave your life. Employers change all the time through our lives, true friends stay with us
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Well, it's been a whole working day since I went to the new place and still no phone call or email.
    It could be that it takes a few days to decide, but when I'm as pessimistic as I often am, it's likely they dislike me so much they don't even want to inform me that I didn't succeed this time.

But that's OK; the job's 20 miles away, public transport from my house to there only provides 1 bus before I'm due to start and I haven't driven a car since 2004.
    That said, the interview seemed to go really well while I was there, so that gave me some confidence while I was there.

If you haven't heard anything in a week or so then maybe give them a call?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

A friend who works for one of their sister companies informs me that they're really busy over there, so it might be that they've not had time for the meeting.
    I'll give them a week as you suggest, as I don't want to come across as impatient.

Glad you have a plan
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Meanwhile at my current place of work, I've been told outright not to try fund raising for charity.
    If you've ever seen a jar of sweets and you have to guess how many are inside; closest guess wins the jar + contents and the money raised from each guess goes to charity.
    I was planning something similar to that, but with a pyramid of polystyrene balls (glued together to prevent a mess). The winner gets a Thornton's Snowman.

I don't know if it's because they think I've got a sneaky motive or I might run away with the cash, but I can't be bothered any more. If there's another bun sale, fund raiser or a sponsored event, I'm not participating.

I know when I'm not wanted.

I'm sure it's not personal - Are others eing told the same things? I'm sure they have their reasons for suggesting that you might think about doing things differently...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn