Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for Reassurance (SH Triggers)

The other book turned up today so got them both. I'm really glad you avoided hurting yourself. You can strike that one up in the win column.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

TonyBlack (18-10-17)

Oh, also I've bought 4200 polystyrene spheres. They're tiny, but they give me something to do in my office during my lunch break; besides berating myself over the validity (or lack thereof) of the new manager's statements.

Basically, I'm building a Sierpinski Tetrahedron, which sill be no more than a metre across when complete. Unless the manager decides that gluing thousands of white spheres together is also inappropriate. So far as I can tell, I'm not interacting with anyone while building it and the glue is a non-toxic PVA mix. So if I'm not harming anybody, it cannot be inappropriate.

I'm glad you managed not to harm lovely...
    A meter across? Do you have room for it in your office away from view and anyone and everyone who comes into your office?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

How are you doing?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I recalculated the final size and it'll be no more than 70cm across. I can keep it hidden until it reaches about 30cm, but it'll only need to be out in the open overnight while the glue dries for the final stage.

On to more important matters, I've been acting on written instructions. There's a group of four tasks which one person (who would be lead manager given the opportunity) has identified as being mandatory. Nobody else has complained about these issues (screen resolution, the type of sound cable used, etc), but they "need" to be corrected in almost 80 different rooms "as a matter of urgency".

Honestly, I try prioritizing myself, but I never get it right according to this guy, so I'll do things his way for a few days. If I get the sack as a result, I don't have to make up excuses for attending new job interviews. I'll miss my friends even more than I do now, but I won't have as much of a burden on my shoulders either.

If you're working following the written tasks you've been set then why would you be sacked? Sorry, not sure I completely understand..
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

There's an online list of about 30 other tasks which also require my attention. Once a month I have a meeting with a man from head office to discuss why certain ones haven't been completed.

Although, he never seems to understand that I've been working on dozens of other tasks in the meantime; he focuses on the ones which have yet to be completed, as though I'm just sat in my office drinking coffee all day.

Now that I'm focusing on the tasks he's identified in writing, he'll ask why all the others were not attended to. I would have worked on them a bit more on Friday afternoon, but another urgent job with a deadline of Monday morning arose.

All this plate spinning will turn into a Greek party no matter which jobs I prioritise.