Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feels like a catch-22

This is so damn stupid...... i'm totally stressing out now about what to say tomorrow.... Basically i've kinda formed a rapport with the doctor i've been seeing for ages about various things and tomorrow is 'random' walk-in service ... so i'll see whoever's on shift....
    They won't know my history and what i'm wanting .....
    Feel like such an idiot / failure / child almost for being like this..... just wanna go outside and scream

Ok let’s look at this from a different angle. Yes you have a report with one GP, but how many patients does he/she see? You really think they can remember specifics about each patient? No, they make notes, and those notes with be available to any other gp in the practice. Sometimes it’s easier talking to someone different cos you might not have to see them again so can say stuff that may not be as easy with someone familiar to you. All you can do is be honest. I get the nerves, I really do but you’ve got this. It’ll be alright.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

JamieW (10-10-17)

Was largely probably an incoherent ramble at the doctors but i have a change in meds which, rightly or wrongly, i'm more prepared to deal with.

Both doctor and pharmacist recommended to start with taking them in the evenings before bed for first week or so and see how i get on.

Thanks for your help guys.... Luckily it was one of the doctors on duty today that i don't mind (some i really dislike)... so it was easier
    Guessing this is part of the anxiety side of how i am right now.... shouldn't be this wound up about something trivial.... but it feels like its getting worse and i'm slowly coping less and less... so i just needed to deal with this and see if these help even things out a bit

Well done for getting it sorted. What meds have they switched you to?
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Well done for getting it sorted. What meds have they switched you to?
    20mg Citalopram.... i know they all are going to work differently with people ... but again - in my own damn head i 'feel' i wanted to try this on the basis of the research i've done and personal testimony from someone close who i trust.

I'm just so exhausted of fighting and putting on a front for 90% of my life .... my main GP thinks that my high degree of headaches / stress are tied into the depression ....
    Everything is just wound up tight ... and nothing is fun anymore and i'm just beating myself down all the time

Anything that breaks that cycle can't be worse than now

Well done for going and talking to them. That's really positive. Hope that these are the ones for you.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Well done, hunni. That’s another step in the right direction
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Couple side effects already -- kinda crazy how quick they come on...
    Hopefully they'll pass relatively soon

I had a nightmare with side effects from citalopram and it started within and hour of taking the first one. Hope it eases soon for you.
    J. M. Barrie

Give it a couple of weeks and the side effects should ease.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn