Thread: Here We Go Again!

Here We Go Again!

Hello Friends,

Been a while since I last posted a message here. I've been trying so hard to remain positive and failed miserably. My boss in work has been replaced and the new boss is an absolute horror of a person. She's insistent on making her mark. My previous boss was very supportive but not the new boss. She's doing everything she can to make life and work more difficult. I can't take sick leave, any more abscense and I will be sacked. I'm also struggling with growing old, I will be 50 next week. Life is not how I had hoped.

Peace, Calm, Serenity and Tranquility!

I'm sorry things are so hard at work - are you looking around for something different?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I'm fifty six and struggle with my workload. Do you think that your problems at work are exacerbated by your depression ? I'm looking for another job but employers are ageist when you are over fifty. Do you have enough support to cope with your problems ?

Cameraman, your situation seems to be nearly identicle to mine. For some reason I expected the depression would get better as I get older, but since being 28 I am still fighting it at 49. My boss (not as bad as my last boss, but not good) has no experience of dealing with staff at all. He works with a group and if you are not in the group, you are left to your own devices. My work is definitely the catalyst for the depression. I had quite a few years of coping with the odd period of depression and anxiety, but muddled through. The last 10 months have been hell and put me in some of the darkest places I have ever been in. That was down to a work issue that still lingers now. Many of the books I read keep stating that if it is out of your control then don't dwell but it is damned hard to do that. I could leave, but the thought of looking for similar paid work scares me to death and I am convinced my depression would follow.