Thread: Waking up to depression

Waking up to depression

I know that this is not a new subject but I've been waking up to quite a low mood recently. I have been feeling really tired and under a considerable amount of stress. If I listened to that inner voice then I wouldn't get up and I wouldn't go to work. It's dark when I get up and I have three cats to feed plus a packed lunch and a simple salad to make.
    I don't want to go to work but
    I'm off on holiday soon. I've used up all my credit with Dr J and I can't see him any more. I can have more hypnosis sparingly.
    I've posted this in the recovery thread because I regard myself in recovery. I give myself a hard time. I'm not a very nice person to live/ work with.
    I am looking for another job but I'm not really qualified to do very much. I really don't want to work for a zero hours contract or lots of late nights. There are a lot of jobs like that. A job recently wanted someone to work Tuesday to Sunday with only one day off. Really ?

Do you have an NHS Psych team you can call on? Would it be an idea to be referred, just in case as the referrals take ages?
    Is it that you dislike your job or is it that there's a more generalised issue and your mood is suffering because of that?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Dear Suzi I don't have a psych team. I have a brilliant GP however. My job is very very hard. I have an assessment tomorrow so I will ask for some help. I'm on holiday from next Friday so I think they will find how difficult my job is.
    I always struggle at this time of year. Thank you for replying.

I'm really glad you have a brilliant GP lovely.
    I'm pleased you are going to ask for some help at work if you are finding it really tough.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

My appraisal went well. The owner was around at lunchtime and we had a chat. It doesn't change anything at the moment but at least they know. I was angry that they haven't arranged cover for me when I am off but that is their problem. They have had a year to think about it . I've also had a 'chat' to someone who knows me well and also thinks it is early morning deprsssion exacerbated by my workload. Hopefully the holiday will do me good. I've been struggling for a couple of weeks and did not realise it was the depression rearing its ugly head again. It is good to 'chat' to people on here who have also been through this.
    A little more to add. The owner knew I was struggling with my meds (mirtazapine) and asked me about it. I admitted that they were for depression.
    They knew that I am on medication and it has not been a problem for them. I have not had time off for depression because of this.
    Last edited by ElizabethJane1; 06-10-17 at 10:03 PM.

Well done for talking to them about everything - it's not easy. I hope it does change things even a little to help you through it.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

This is so difficult to tackle. I know it is happening but sometimes refuse to acknowledge it. 'Owning' up to feeling low/depressed has been the first step for me this time. Accepting that I am exhausted and when I'm at home need frequent short rests. I have a good friend and we mostly chat on the internet and I feel that I have burdened him with this knowledge. He know me well and we rarely meet. My friend that I usually take to Church was already there as we are having services in the hall for two weeks. He conquers his many problems but never complains. I can't lift his wheelchair so somebody else brought him today. He was cheerful and upbeat. Someone else that we know also has many health issues but copes.

Well done for owning up EJ
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I'm so glad that you have managed to deal with this by talking to start with. Well done.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn