Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Waking up to depression

Glad you're feeling better, but I wish your mood was brighter. Hope that tomorrow is easy and good for you x
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Glad the bugs run its time
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Yes still waking up to depression but it seems easier somehow. Really really busy. Work firing on all cylinders. Tomorrow I will be making some lists. Home and work 'to do' lists to make the things that I need to do more manageable. Tomorrow is officially a 'rest' day. No Church because one of the choirs has booked an early lunch in a posh restaurant. Afterwards a rehearsal so I
    won't drink. It is so cold here so I need to wrap up.
    I've been to a singing workshop today which was lovely and a concert this evening (not performing)
    I've been in touch with an old friend today which has been good and encouraging
    I've made a doctors appointment as although I haven't lost any more weight it might affect lithium levels. Lithium levels blood test due next Friday 1st December.

You sound organised! I love lists!
    Rest days are meant to be resting, but I'll let you off as it sounds like a fun day.
    It's great that you've managed to get in contact with an old friend and that it's been positive.
    I'm glad you're going to get checked out with the Dr.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Morning!enjoy your lunch
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Thanks I had a glass of prosecco then dressed crab, Dover sole and vegetables and chocolate roulade with hot chocolate sauce. It was a special menu as we usually sing at the Church next door but have never visited the restaurant as it is very expensive. It was expensive but we were entertaining the owners Mum and Dad and our conductor is eighty five so a special day all round. The only problem was the hike (in the car) across the Essex countryside to the rehearsal venue.We also had homemade crisps and olives and also home made petit fours white chocolate dipped strawberries. Not something that can be repeated very often. The drive through the countryside was stunning as the light was fading before it got dark.

That sounds like a lovely, lovely, day...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

There was an amazing sunrise this week - a large orange sun and an orangey pinky sky. This week has been incredibly busy and I have worked paid overtime every day. I have done very little in terms of Christmas preparations. I have written no cards- yet. This weekend I am performing in two concerts as the previous weekend the concert was snowed off. We had really big deep snow here. Very pretty but no good if you have to drive into the countryside.
    I feel okish. I am having my blood tests next Friday week so I won't get the results before Christmas and they will call me in if there is anything wrong. I have my interview lined up for early January and I am taking the day off.
    I've ordered pressies from the Internet and I think I'm going to make use of Christmas bags a lot this year. I've two cakes made which might get iced before the big day or not.
    A turkey crown and other Christmas bits have been ordered. There is a nut roast in the freezer so it can't be bad.

Blimey, you say you haven’t prepared for Christmas but there’s a lot of prep in that post . Try to make time to rest at some point, EJ

Thanks Paula. I hope your daughter is recovering well ? I usually write a round robin letter but I've decided not to do it this year. I think that people who I haven't heard from in the past year might not get a card from me this year ?