Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iím a Sober Hero

I could pour it into the tank of the car but doubt I’d get many miles to the gallon lol
    ĎThe moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

So week two completed and I’ve been ok as far as temptation is concerned. I’ve been a bit more settled I suppose, less stressed for sure. My mood has been quite low but that has probably helped cos I couldn’t be bothered with anything including booze so take the positive from that.

Please click on the link in the opening post and donate in support of my challenge and Macmillan’s and make a difference to the lives of those people affected by cancer.
    ĎThe moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

Paula (16-10-17)

Well done lovely! That's brilliant!
    ďYou can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.Ē
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Well done Stella.....I donated at our local Macmillan coffee morning .....as you say, a very worthwhile cause. In the end we raised £850 and that's in a very small village.

That’s amazing Flo. Shows what you can do when a community pulls together. Usually by this point I start the chocolate cravings, which I was once informed of the scientific reasoning for this, something to do with serotonin levels I think. Anyway that’s not happened this time round which is fine with me cos I’m not normally a chocoholic. Basically after a shaky start, which was more about situational stresses than anything else, I’m doing just fine. At the weekend I can start the 10 day count down haha. I think sometimes it’s not that I actually want a drink, it’s more about it becoming more appealing because I can’t have it. Same as anything really. Probably the reason junk food tastes so good.
    J. M. Barrie

Fine? Fine? Iíd say Youíre doing a lot better than fine
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

The thing is though Paula I’m not really doing anything spectacular. It’s as much about proving a point for me that I am more than capable of not drinking and that I drink cos I want to not cos I have to itms. And of course it’s raising funds for a great cause which makes it a bit more satisfying.
    J. M. Barrie

Pah ..
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I think you're doing amazingly well too.
    ďYou can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.Ē
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

3 weeks done and the 10 day countdown begins. I’m looking forward to enjoying a glass of wine to celebrate the end of the challenge.
    J. M. Barrie

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (23-10-17),Paula (21-10-17),Suzi (21-10-17)