Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hi

My sisters are well aware of my depression, as are my girls. But I need to be able to say I feel some nasty ideations- don't want to trigger anyone here.

I have quite pronounced diurnal variation. So I'm typing this feeling almost normal, but dread waking up. I can't see an end to it all in the am. At this time of day that feels ridiculous.

I had an assessment to do this afternoon and couldn't let them down so I went. But I can't really just pitch up for the afternoons, so seeing GP tomorrow's for a sick note.
    I've been on these meds for years at 150mg, an increase always worked. In May 225mg didn't work but 300md did. I'm now worried cos 300mg is a lot.

Anyone had similar experiences?

Thank you for your replies- I hope you are all ok

If it's the dosage you need that's all that really matters
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Remind me, what medication are you on? Each has it's own therapeutic levels and they can vary so much between meds.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi Suzi

I've been on Venlafaxine 300mg since May. I felt my mood improve within a week after I starting this, , where going from 150mg to 225mg didn't work.
    I have a GP appointment at 10.50 today. Crisis nurse ringing later
    I know my fears of being alone are a big part of this, plus being older and not being able to project a positive view of the future. I know I should take steps to address this and thought I was, but I seem dependant on others to feel safe .
    Been working on my "mind over mood" Book

Thank you for your contacts

How are you doing? How were the appointments?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi Suzi
    Thanks for asking
    Never seen this GP before, or heard of him. Didn't even look me in the eye. The other GPS are good. I'll avoid him in future, but got a sick note for 2 weeks.
    I had a bad day yesterday but a little better today once I got past the morning.
    CPN coming tomorrow

It's only been 2 weeks but it seems endless doesn't it. Especially as I thought I'd got on top of it in May/June.

I really struggle to see a positive future

Hope everyone's ok

Joy

Joy, this really isn't how it's going to be forever, you can ride this dip out...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn