Page 39 of 44 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Patch

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    Been thinking of getting a few games for my Nintendo. SInce I got it, I have only been playing Dragon QUest 8. Are you planning on doing more gardening Mike?
    I've some tulips to plant and a teeny tiny monkey puzzle tree that wants planting both of which were given to me by my sister and her hubby, trouble is the ground is too wet.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Lovely gifts!
    We've a little lemon tree and a Rose Hazel yet to plant. It means I now have a Big Ben Blackcurrant Bush, a couple of Ferns and a Rose Hazel in my garden - something for each of them!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (12-11-17)

Just back from the lunch at the Boundary Stone, had mega all day breakfast (was going to have something smaller but by the time I'd walked there couldn't resist the mega brekky ) had sticky toffee pud and custard couldn't even force down a hot choc as was so full, I'm so out of training these days .

Walked home round the road as it is so sunny there rather than the shaded walkway, actually called in at the Co-op and bought 2x diet cloudy lemonade 2 litre bottles and 4x Cheddar and onion in pastry slices, I had my clever head on (is that even possible ) and had 2 bags with me so could divided the load equally as everyone knows Mike is a balanced dude

A lot of dog walkers abroad in the glorious sun, makes you feel good to be alive on days like these. Hopes you guys are all having a good Sunday.

I have this strange vision of you trying to equally distribute the weight and standing a bit like a weeble making sure it's properly equally balanced!
    Your training really does need to be upped, you are seriously slacking on the hot chocolate front.
    Your posts always make me smile. Thank you for brightening my blinking freezing Sunday!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Tree surgeons were supposed to be coming today to remove dead wood off my big oak tree (it won't make it look better after my neighbours hacked the healthy branches off at the boundary on their side) and also remove some dead wood off a smaller oak tree (smaller but still big). They are overrunning on another job so can't come today, and can't come tomorrow as heavy rain is forecast so will have to reschedule.

What a pain in the backside! (Still, at least they called which is more than the boiler engineer did to me yesterday .....) do they think they’ll be able to come out to you this week?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Update on what is going on about the illegal pruning of my tree by my neighbours.

Dear Mr (name removed because of privacy issues)

Thank you for your letter. We have received your complaint regarding the TPOd tree previously on the 5th October and it has already been logged as an enforcement complaint. I will add your letter to the case and it will be investigated by our enforcement team. They will be in contact with you in due course.

Kind Regards,

(name removed for privacy reasons)
    Technical Support Officer

Regulatory Services
    (details removed for privacy reasons)

So we are waiting for the enforcers to investigate.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    What a pain in the backside! (Still, at least they called which is more than the boiler engineer did to me yesterday .....) do they think they’ll be able to come out to you this week?
    I found out by email yesterday.

I've left a message on their answering machine suggesting next Monday (as it is Custard Club Wednesday, bridge Thursday & I like lunch out on a Friday). There's no rush as far as I'm concerned, yesterday I actually moved the wheelie bins from the front to round the back so they can put their chipper in my driveway and also cleared the path down the side of the house for easier access.

I hope you get the dispute sorted soon matey, there is nothing worse than having a fall out with the neighbours.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    I hope you get the dispute sorted soon matey, there is nothing worse than having a fall out with the neighbours.
    I don't think it can be sorted out Purple I've tried everything I can think of and it has got me nowhere.