Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2262707172

Thread: Mike's Patch

Oh I love chicken chasseur. Not had that in quite a while.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Hooray for custard! Sounds like a lovely lunch and more peeps there! That's good!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

The dominoes sound like fun. Will have to see if there is a club round where I am. I did rty one but it was not my cup of tea.

I see a woman in the nightWith a baby in her hand Under an old street light Near a garbage can. Now she puts the kid away,
    and she's gone to get a hit She hates her life,
    and what she's done to it. There's one more kid that will never go to school Never get to fall in love,
    never get to be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    Oh I love chicken chasseur. Not had that in quite a while.
    Hunters Chicken? They do a lovely one in Lidl!!...slurrpp!

Oh I'm pleased that the Custard shortage has been rectified!....a good game of nominoes too! xx

Just back from bridge, weather cold and wet.

Played quite well at bridge (did make a couple of silly mistakes but you know what they say "a person who never has made a mistake never makes anything" ; )

At Custard club yesterday Sue came round with a photo of each person at the CC Xmas bash, I'm not sure who the old dude is in my pic, I'll scan it in and post it here at my earliest convenience.

Speaking of conveniences the light in the gents loo at bridge was flashing, it was like being back in a 70's disco
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Discoweebreaks - who'd ever think that'd become a thing?!
    I really look forward to seeing that pic!
    Well done at bridge!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Yesterday (Friday) update:

Was undecided as to what to do for lunch but sallied forth to the bus and headed for the Old Boat House. Rang the bell to get off the bus only to find I was a stop too soon, but was too embarrassed to to say it's not this stop I want it's the next one I want, what am I like. So it was a 35 minute walk instead of a 30 minute walk but and here's the good part it was nice sunny and warm.

I went for a main on the specials board, it was braised liver and onions, mash & veg, it was offally good (pun intended, no need to thank me, have this one on me ) and for pudding had bread and butter pud & custard, ended the meal with a hot choc and cream then the waitress insisted I had another hot choc so how could I refuse.

Left the Boat House and the weather had turned cold, windy and wet, got home and played a video game then dozed in the chair for most of the evening apart from a quick dinner of sausage, bacon, beans & wedges
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I love that the waitress is obviously impressed with your 2 hot chocs ability and it helping you with training, ready to move to "superhotchoc level 3"
    Hooray for a bit of sun, we had some too, but it turned freezing cold and has rained most of the night...
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

OldMike (Today)