Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Thread: Mike's Patch

How are you today Mike?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Had a walk to the chemist (45 minutes) picked up my meds had lunch at the White Horse of gammon. 2 eggs, proper chips (not silly fries) & peas, for pud had choc fudge cake and ice cream, yummy. Cost me £2.35 for a not very good cappuccino.

I walked home through Roe Green, I exchanged a few words with a lady of similar age to me who was walking in the opposite direction to me, she said "don't I know you, don't you go to my poetry class", I thought "she thinks I'm William Wordsworth" , I said I'm no poet more a woodwork/DIY type of guy. She said "You look awfully like a man in my poetry class", me wonders if I've a doppelganger well versed (pun intended) in the anapestic arts
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

I think you'd be very good at poetry if you tried. You have an amazingly fantastic way with words.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Mike Shakespeare has a certain ring to it!......A Mike by any other name would smell as sweet!!...re the Cappuccino. Unless it's Costa, Cafe Nero, Starbucks or Coffee#1 I find that pubs etc., just churn out all sorts of drinks by just pressing a button with Cappuccino written on it. If you have a Coffee#1 in your area, they do amazing Moccha's, Capps etc., there's a knack involved! Still the rest of your lunch sounds lovely!

The Woodside does a good cappuccino at £2.50 but most pubs aren't much good round here for coffee that's why I go for hot choc if the make it.

I'm out for lunch on my own tomorrow my sister phoned earlier and can't make it he mother in law who is 94 and a half (mustn't forget the half) is going in to an old folks home on Wednesday but tomorrow she (my sister's mother in law) has to have a memory test prior to going in to the home she can be very awkward and if she doesn't feel in the mood she'll probably answer NO to every question. So my sister and her hubby are taking her to the doctors for a blood test tomorrow and I think the memory test will be either tomorrow or Wednesday.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"