Page 22 of 55 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Patch

Morning!
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi there. I don't think I would have been able to move for a month if I was served a huge dinner like that Mike. It does sound lovely though. And as usual I'm jealous of the dessert that you had. I treat myself to an ice cream every now and again, but I love to read about your custard and other desserts.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (11-10-17)

Had a lovely lunch at CC chicken, roast spuds, cauliflower, mangetout <--- aren't I clever and for pud no custard but four yes four profiteroles.

Had fun playing dominoes and even won twice.

Only 5 plus Rene (she has lunch with us and helps serve the lunches) there, Charlie was absent because his brother in law died I think this morning. Kathleen (she's 90 years old) who hasn't been for a while has had a fall and a stroke, whether the stroke caused the fall or happened after not sure, she is in hospital and it doesn't look as she'll be able to look after herself when she leaves hospital and probably won't return to luncheon club
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

That's sad for both Charlie and Kathleen... But I'm glad you had a good time lovely...
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Morning Mike.....sorry to hear about Kathleen and Charlie. At Golden Age club we have a lady of 95, Pat who still plays bowls and is as sharp as a pin, and another gentleman who is 92 and teaches German to the locals. As always, your meal sounds delicious..I think I'd be happy to forego custard just this once for a few profit rolls!. I'm going to have to start trying to lose weight again...gained the 2 lbs I lost. I do love my food, but unless I eat like a hamster I gain weight really easily! Had a huge Indian the other night - meal that is!! - round the corner from Jay's house. We passed all the different dishes around so we all had a bit of each others. So it's back to lean meat and lots of veg. from now on. Think I'll have to start walking again. How's the garden doing? Can't wait until we can pull the garden apart and cut down all the unwanted brambles and weird bushes. Have a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by Flo
    ... Had a huge Indian the other night - meal that is!! - round the corner from Jay's house. We passed all the different dishes around so we all had a bit of each others. So it's back to lean meat and lots of veg. from now on. Think I'll have to start walking again. How's the garden doing? Can't wait until we can pull the garden apart and cut down all the unwanted brambles and weird bushes. Have a good day.
    Had a huge Indian ooo get you

Gardening is on hold as the soil is very wet with all the rain, flowerbeds and lawns are covered in acorns and the leaves are starting to fall. Flo wait until the spring before you do much in the garden so you can see what comes up, what wants saving and what wants taking out.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Flo (12-10-17)

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    It's bridge today isn't it? I hope you get good cards and win all your bids and take all your tricks. (I remember a bit of bridge talk from my parents and grandparents). I hope it's a good day for a walk and you take it easy when you get home.

Hope you're having a lovely time!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Just back from bridge, had poor cards but it was good practice defending.

Glad you had a good time - it was fun, wasn't it?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn