Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1170

Thread: Mike's Patch

Looks like a lovely pub!
    There's only us, There's only this, Forget regret, Or life is your to miss,
    No other road, No other way, No day but today. (Rent. Jonathan Larson)

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Lovely looking pub

Morning Mike.....not a bad looking pub that!....I bet you're the type who can eat 3 shredded wheats in the morning! What's the difference between a primrose and a primula?? Is it CC today then? Hope the weather is as good with you. It's nice to be able to talk again!..talking of differences....a bit of Wednesday humour. What's the difference between a tractor and a giraffe?....I'll stop there in case I get excommunicated !! have a good time at the club!

Quote Originally Posted by Flo View Post
    Morning Mike.....not a bad looking pub that!....I bet you're the type who can eat 3 shredded wheats in the morning! What's the difference between a primrose and a primula?? Is it CC today then? Hope the weather is as good with you. It's nice to be able to talk again!..talking of differences....a bit of Wednesday humour. What's the difference between a tractor and a giraffe?....I'll stop there in case I get excommunicated !! have a good time at the club!
    A primrose is of the genus primula the term primrose is usually applied to the wild flower of a yellow colour. The genus primula covers a wide range of different species. So a primrose is a primula but a primula isn't necessarily a primrose.

A quick jog down the path and took this primula pic, only got one of this colour (self seeded),
    one of the yellow one I posted the other day and a lot of pale yellow ones.

Yep CC today

I still can't work out the difference between a tractor and a giraffe good job I don't run a tractor museum I'd probably fill it full of giraffes.
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flo
    A bit of Wednesday humour. What's the difference between a tractor and a giraffe?.
    Answer: One has hydrolics and the other has high b******s. (thanks Google)

I still can't figure that last word maybe it's brows, high brows! eyebrows get it

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Suzi (Yesterday)

I thought primula was a spready cheese.

"Jaws was never my scene and I don't like star wars".

Mike - those leaves behind your primroses - are they weeds? Just asking as I have lots and was about to supervise others to pull them up........ lol

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Mike - those leaves behind your primroses - are they weeds? Just asking as I have lots and was about to supervise others to pull them up........ lol
    Suzi I'll add some text (I hope) to that pic and repost it, if you're referring to the leaves behind they're aquilegias (columbines) the flowers come in various colours with spurs on the rear part of the petals, they come in varying flower sizes and heights and are hardy herbaceous perennials.

Custard club was sausage & mash, with apple crumble and thick custard.

Played a few hands of dominoes then 5 of us left and went to the "Third Wednesday of the Month Club" (guess when it is held ) at Joy's church. There's an hour talk followed by tea/coffee and biscuits. Today we had a sprightly 96 year old giving a talk out old time music hall, jokes, stories, anecdotes, he had us singing and rolling in aisles with laughter, born 1921 first time on stage age 7 and the end of this year he'll have been in show business 90 years.

One of his jokes coming up now (you need to get in character first).

These days you can't do jokes about Irishmen so I will.

This guy goes for electrocution lessons so he can speak proper, six months later he's back and totally electrocuted.
    He goes in to a shop and in an awfully posh voice says "Can I have a copy of the Times and 20 Players please"
    The shopkeeper says "You're Irish aren't you?"
    He replies "How do you know"
    The shopkeeper replies "Well this is a chip shop"

It's the way he tells 'em

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Suzi I'll add some text (I hope) to that pic and repost it, if you're referring to the leaves behind they're aquilegias (columbines) the flowers come in various colours with spurs on the rear part of the petals, they come in varying flower sizes and heights and are hardy herbaceous perennials.
    OO I best not be suggesting those need to be pulled up then lol! Thanks for the tip!

Custard club was sausage & mash, with apple crumble and thick custard.
    Nom!

Played a few hands of dominoes then 5 of us left and went to the "Third Wednesday of the Month Club" (guess when it is held ) at Joy's church. There's an hour talk followed by tea/coffee and biscuits. Today we had a sprightly 96 year old giving a talk out old time music hall, jokes, stories, anecdotes, he had us singing and rolling in aisles with laughter, born 1921 first time on stage age 7 and the end of this year he'll have been in show business 90 years.

One of his jokes coming up now (you need to get in character first).

These days you can't do jokes about Irishmen so I will.

This guy goes for electrocution lessons so he can speak proper, six months later he's back and totally electrocuted.
    He goes in to a shop and in an awfully posh voice says "Can I have a copy of the Times and 20 Players please"
    The shopkeeper says "You're Irish aren't you?"
    He replies "How do you know"
    The shopkeeper replies "Well this is a chip shop"

It's the way he tells 'em
    Sounds like fun!