Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast

Thread: Mike's Patch

I LOVE Right Said Fred!!!

And I know who Billy Bunter is
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (15-11-17)

That desert sounds amazing!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Tree update:

The preamble:
    When planning for next door's was sought reference was made TPO's in the trees in my garden and in the planning officers report further reference was made to the TPO's on my trees and that they mustn't damage them. When I checked on the council web site it clearly showed a map where there were TPO's in place on the trees in my garden.

Also the tree surgeon said 2 years ago and and at the end of September this year there were TPO's in place.

Then yesterday I received this email:

Dear Mr (name removed),

Thank you for your enquiry regarding the oak tree in the garden of (address removed). Unfortunately, while a tree protection order (TPO) was drafted in 1996, the Council’s records show that this TPO was never confirmed. The Council’s arborist has advised that under common law, an individual can trim trees on adjacent sites back to the boundary but they must offer the arisings back to the tree/land-owner. As this tree is not protected by a TPO, it is not a breach of planning control and this case will be closed. However, you may be able to deal with this as a civil matter between neighbours if the arisings (waste materials from pruning work) have not been returned to you. I would advise consulting with a legal advisor about this if you wish to take further action.

Kind regards,

(name removed)

Planning Enforcement

I've just fired an email off about the uselessness of online TPO info on the council's web site.

Dear sir/madam,

I recently raised a breach of a TPO on a tree at (address removed) ref (removed) this is now closed as there has never, ever, ever been any TPO's in place in (street name removed).

So why does your interactive map clearly display today 15/11/2017 that there is a TPO in place (link removed) for a detailed look.

It looks like these maps are totally useless and should either be removed or updated.

Regards (name removed)

My address for the record is (address removed)

This in no way changes how things are with my neighbour's as they have completely ruined the look of an oak which was a magnificent 100 year old oak tree and now looks a pathetic specimen due to their selfish, thoughtless and inconsiderate behaviour and have treated me in such an appalling way when I tried to patch things up between us on a few occasions when I was brushed aside like pile of trash.
    Last edited by OldMike; 15-11-17 at 04:00 PM.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Mike that shocking! As you have said what's the point of the information being on the website? You must be totally furious!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Do you have any letters about TPOs from the past you could use as evidence?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    Do you have any letters about TPOs from the past you could use as evidence?
    No Paula you're talking 20 years ago and to my knowledge we have never been notified (I could be wrong) and even if we had the planning departments decision is final with no right to appeal.

I'm pretty sure you can always appeal
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Are you going to try and save the tree Mike? Perhaps get someone in to get the tree looking a bit better.

We're not evolving were going backwards with caveman mentality and with new technology.

A quick in and out as the actress said to the bishop

Yesterday's Custard Club there was NO CUSTARD again

We had meat balls, lyonnaise potatoes (oo we are posh ), peas and carrots and for pud a thick slice of cream and jam sponge cake. Won a couple of games of dominoes

Just sent off this email to my tree surgeon.

Hi,

I've just received a letter from the council stating there are NO TPO's on any of the trees in my garden (despite what is indicated on (removed) Council's web site).

In the light of that and the fact that my neighbour has hacked off all the limbs/branches at the boundary from the large oak tree, the tree is the oak near my back door. By the time the 3 large dead limbs are removed and other dead stuff is removed the tree will look very unbalanced and dare I say pretty awful (it used to be a very wide spreading balanced tree). So removal off the tree and use of a stump grinder would now be my preferred option. So if you could give me an amended price and after you've carried out all your necessary checks with appropriate authorities (council/panning etc) would it be possible for you to do that.

Thanks (name removed)

Basically you can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear and to spend £420 and end up with a tree that doesn't look any better seems pointless.