Page 69 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike's Patch

How are you doing?
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Went to ye Old Boat House at Astley Green had a 10 oz gammon steak, 2 eggs, chips and peas and for pud a huge piece of Choc fudge cake with a gig jug of custard, yay custard levels back to normal now , mustn't forget the 2 x hot chocs and whipped cream with complimentary biscuit

On the walk back along the path at the side of the guided busway met Beth (who works at the Boundary Stone) walking in the opposite direction, Beth and her friend were both walking their dogs (Beth's dog is called Angel) so we had a bit of a chat till some dog walkers arrived and the dogs seemed to fall out with one another.

Sue from bridge had a bad fall due to being given the wrong meds and she looked in bad way this was a couple of weeks before Christmas. Just over a week before Christmas she looked a lot better in fact the last I remember of her was when she was my partner for the last few games at the end of the session. That was the last I saw of her before her untimely passing. She was a very outgoing person and will be sadly missed.

I'm feeling more myself now, I'm more than , though after my mega lunch I'll probably be more like this evening.

PS I've ordered 4kg of seed potatoes.

PPS I've ordered some purple sprouting broccoli seeds.

PPPS It's staying light longer, yipee *congas round the room*
    71 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"
    ~~~ Please check out the latest quiz (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Hmm Broccoli! Is that to go with your porridge?

Glad you went out and it was a brighter day ending than it started lovely.
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hmm Broccoli! Is that to go with your porridge?

Glad you went out and it was a brighter day ending than it started lovely.
    Apparently broccoli is the must have porridge garnish for 2018

Planned on having a pork steak for lunch but the pack of 2 I bought yesterday are frozen solid together so they're out for defrosting and it'll be a slice of quiche for lunch.

It's a lazy day at Old Mike's Towers today
    ~~~ Please check out the latest quiz (Fun and Games > Quiz) I'm sure you'll find it fun. ~~~

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    There was someone on the radio this morning talking about things that need to be done in the garden. He said to cut back the roses now and mulch them. What does mulch mean?

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    There was someone on the radio this morning talking about things that need to be done in the garden. He said to cut back the roses now and mulch them. What does mulch mean?
    Mulch is organic matter such as peat (not used like it used to be to preserve peat mosses), shredded bark, leaf mould or your own garden compost put on the surface of the soil either over the whole flower bed or round individual plants to a depth of 2 to 3 inches (5 - 8 cm) maybe even more. Two main reasons it keeps down weeds (smothers them), retains the soil moisture (only mulch if the soil is wet, if the soil is dry it has the reverse effect). An additional effect it can prevent disease spores (such as black spot) splashing on to the plants. Hope that explains it Magie

Ah yes, pruning roses - I'm so good at it......... or not. Just cut to a size you want?

Hope your lazy day is a fun one!
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Thanks Mike. That's very clear. The fella on the radio said to get horse manure. I wasn't sure what it was though.

Horse manure is also a good option though well rotted is the best as the fresh stuff can be a bit acidic and pongy.

I often get asked this question "Should I put manure on my rhubarb?" to which I reply "NO I prefer custard"

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

S deleted (13-01-18)

Hehe, I’d take custody or your rhubarb.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to S deleted For This Useful Post:

OldMike (13-01-18)