Thread: Hi, recommended to this site

Hi, recommended to this site

Hi All.

I was recommended that this site is really good so just putting myself out there...!

I'm struggling at the moment. It comes and goes but underlying it all is such a lack of self-belief and self-worth. It's actually been really hard to type that and has me in tears. I feel like I am failing at everything and it feels like people have such negative views of me. I try so hard not to fall apart every day and I feel so alone. I don't have time in my life to be depressed and to let go. I just wish that people didn't think so badly of me, or that I didn't care so much. Why should it matter so much to me what others think of me? And why can't I do anything right?! I don't mean to be so pessimistic about everything but I just wish I could get away from myself. My only method of coping at the moment is escapism - I read my Kindle ap on my phone all the time.

I'm really struggling to take the next step to getting help, I don't even know what to ask for really. It feels like I don't have any reason to feel so bad so why should I get help over vanity such as caring what others think of me?! I'm not sure.

Apologies for the long winded and negative intro here! Perhaps there's a better chat to have this conversation in?!

C x

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Welcome to DWD, have a look around and put your feet up Sometimes its hard for us to express ourselves out loud, but you could always print the above out and give it to the dr or write down how it really is and jsut hand it to them, it is sometimes easier to type and write than it is to verbally say it.

Hi and welcome to DWD. I would most definitely go see your GP and explain how you are feeling and how emotional you have become and your perception of how others see you. I struggle massively with low self esteem and although on the outside a can appear to be a confident person the truth is I'm just hiding behind a mask, that I'm simply trying to fend of any negativity which will crush me and make me fell even less of a human being than I already do. There is help out there and it's well worth speaking with your GP in order to access it.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Hi and welcome to DWD. Both Jarre and Stella have said what I was going to
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi and welcome, Christina. It may have been hard to type that but you did, and admitting how you feel is the first step towards recovery. It matters to most of us how people perceive us - though I'd stake money that it's not as bad as you think it is. Go and talk to your GP, there are ways through this and that's the best way to get access to support and treatment.

Oh, btw, what some call escapism others call distraction. Whatever it is there are worse ways to cope than reading
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass