Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: hi, im new *SH triggers*

hi, im new *SH triggers*

Hi everyone, im very new to this kind of thing so i'm sorry if it take me a while to figure out how all of this works.

I have been feeling very low and mentally fragile for 4 years now (with lows and highs but mainly just a neutral buzz of sad), but for the past couple of months I have been finding it very difficult to cope with everything and I know I can't tell my loved ones about my problems as I don't want to annoy them or make them upset. So I hope I can get a bit of help from this forum. Feel free to ask questions as it would help me to confront my problems (if anyone else is dealing with the same things maybe we can help each other).
    Thankyou so much if anyone reads this
    Last edited by Paula; 11-09-17 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Added trigger warning as per DWD policy

Hi and welcome. Have you been to see your doctor? It's important you do to ensure you're getting the right treatment and support. As far as your family is concerned, it's vital you have the support of friends and family. You may think you're protecting them by not saying anything but chances are they have figured there's something up and are already worried and upset. If you don't know what to say https://www.time-to-change.org.uk is a great resource which could help you start that conversation
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi and welcome to DWD. As Paula has said, have you thought about going to the Dr?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi and welcome. What makes you think that sharing your problems will annoy or upset your loved ones?
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Welcome GreyRabbit. I too felt like I was annoying & worrying my family by not talking to them about things. Turns out, they were worried anyway & felt better once they knew that I was struggling. It made them able to at least try to help instead of looking on & feeling helpless. You may want to pick one family member to chat with first. Perhaps the one you are closest too as they probably know something is wrong & are already worrying. Good luck & we are always here to listen.

Thankyou so much for the replies,
    I have been to see my doctor but it was before I turned 16 so I wasn't given a clear diagnosis (I was given a counsellor for a year and a half).
    I have talked with my mum and I am very lucky as she is very kind. But my low moods have dragged on so much that constantly talking makes her really upset so we don't talk about it as much as I would like to.
    I love my dad but he doesn't believe me when I tell him how strongly I feel things and how much it gets me down. He expects me to act strong and get on with things.
    Im not complaining about my family because I am very lucky to have loving parents, but it's hard to truly tell them some of the things I think.

Go back to your doctor, lovely, please
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi and welcome....Don't suffer alone, we're here to help. I agree with what's already been said. Take a trip to the doctor and tell him/her all. It's natural to not want to upset and annoy loved ones, but ironically, the chances are that they'll be more upset if you DON'T tell them, and possibly a little hurt that you felt you couldn't turn to them for help. Having said that, I for one felt reluctant to even confide in my husband! I felt that my emotional and mental state was petty. But he is now willing to listen and help if he can. It's hard, because we shouldn't have to shoulder the burden alone. All of us here understand how you're feeling so you aren't on your own now. Fire away!

Can I ask how old you are? Can you go back and see your Dr and tell them exactly how bad things are?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi again,
    I went to a counsellor today and they also told me to see my doctor. I am going to book an appointment for next week but I don't know what help I will get.
    (to answer your question, I have just turned 18)