Thread: Help with my homework

Help with my homework

I'm not long out of counselling and I've been set some homework which requires a bit of help from you all. The task is to list both my good and bad qualities as seen by the people around me. Cos I spend more time talking to you here than I do to real life friends it's easier to get your opinion.all I ask is that you are totally honest, and not be afraid to mention the bad things. This isn't a pep rally, it's a realistic view of the person you see me as.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

These are just for starters, there will be more

You're very loyal
    You have a huge heart
    i know I can rely on you to be completely honest with me
    You always put others first
    You're very funny
    You're great fun
    You're stubborn

You're stubborn
    You are really hard on yourself
    It sometimes takes time to get you to listen to reason
    You have a tendency to self destruct
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    I agree with what Paula has said x

You beat yourself up ALL the time
    You don't take compliments well
    You let things build up and then everything comes out in one big rattles out of pram style...

You're one of the fiercest friends I've ever had
    You're honest
    You're not afraid of telling it as you see it
    You care beyond measure about your boys, your friends
    You are intelligent
    You make me smile
    You're bloody awesome
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (04-09-17)

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi there. Just a quick note to let you know that I've been thinking long and hard about this thread. I only know you from here and a few phone calls here and there. But I do know a few things about you.

You are one of my best friends and I don't make friends easily or on a whim. I'm cautious and don't really let people in. You are one of the few.
    You are very special. This one can stand alone.
    You are like a lion with her cubs. Fierce and loud when things go against you, and so loving and tender when you are with your boys.
    You are a truly unique person. One of a kind and so nice to everyone you know.

That's all I'm going to put down here. You know your own bad points, and you don't need me to point them out.

I can't disagree with most of what has been stated and although the list of positives is longer than the negatives I still don't understand it cos I don't feel like it's a fair reflection of who I am.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    It is a fair reflection of how we see you though can you at least accept how we see you xx

You asked how we see you - we see you very differently to the way that you see you. The trick is to remember that even though you might not identify with it all, we do and you trust us? Then maybe you can learn to accept that we see you that way..
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I dont doubt the qualities stated good or bad. I dunno I guess it's easy to overlook some of it or maybe take it for granted. Other things I feel like I have a motive for being certain way so it's more about what I get out of it and that taints it. Anyway thank you for being good enough to respond. Maybe someday it will all sink in.

I don't know you well and we haven't met. We may never meet, I'm not everyone's cup of tea. BUT, from what I've gleaned from your posts over the past 18 months I see that:

You are clever.....educated.....honest....loyal.....an amazing friend to those who matter to you, you're astute. A lovely mum to your boys, you're eager to help others and you're compassionate. You have all the qualities of a lovely human being. The biggest problem you have which is holding you back is recognising these qualities. The shackles that bind you to your past which you must try to free yourself of comes in the form of 'forgiveness'...and that's forgiveness of yourself. Without that, we end up with eternal Groundhog Day! Work on that one and with any luck, everything else will fall into place.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flo For This Useful Post:

Jaquaia (07-09-17),Suzi (07-09-17)