Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Glad you had a great weekend Paula. hope all goes well with Jess's op, there ain't nothing wrong with colouring your baubles
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

She’s just gone into recovery. It went fine but they found one of the bones in her ear was eroded so they e fitted her with a prosthetic. This should hopefully deal with her hearing loss. And she’ll have an mri in 12-18 months to check it’s all ok

Si called me and I promptly burst into tears, mind you ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Thank goodness everything went so well. Still thinking of you.

I'm so glad it all went well! How cool is it that they've got a prosthetic that could be fitted straight away. Well done Jess! Is she coming home tonight?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

They’ve moved her from the day surgery unit to the teenagers ward as the unit closes at 5pm. They’re going to see how she goes over the next hour or so and make a decision on whether she can come home tonight
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Sounds sensible.

Jess got home about 7pm yesterday. She’s very sore, very grumpy and really wants to wash her hair! For those who aren’t squeamish, here’s the wound .....

https://ibb.co/dSvREb

I am squeamish and the wound isn't as bad as I imagined, hopefully it'll heal quickly with Jess being so young, I'm sure she'll soon be back to her usual chirpy self.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Ongoing dvla Saga - tomorrow I have to go to an optician (again) to have a visual field test to see if I can see. Plus I’ve just had to complete and send back another form to DVLA - I think it’s the 4th one I’ve had to complete, all asking very similar questions. Who knows when they’re going to decide if I can drive? ........

Is that still going on???? Blimey, you'd think that there was enough other things for them to be faffing about...

The wound looks much better and more subtle than I was expecting tbh. That should heal and not be noticeable at all! How's she doing today?