Page 56 of 76 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

That's a long time under anaesthetic. But they sounds like they know what they are doing. I'm sure she's a bit nervous about it all now. Just over a week to go.

That sounds like a massive op.. I really, really feel for her.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I think I’m more nervous than she is
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Et je m'envole, vole, vole, vole, vole, vole. Que d'espérance.
    Keep faith, I'm really sorry and may God help that everything passes well.

Jess is doing her normal, she’s stressed and worried so I’m getting it in the neck. This morning, she yelled at me because we’re not going anywhere Christmas Day. Si’s promised to talk to her ....
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Where does she want to go for Christmas Day?

I was always happy with a quiet family Christmas, eat way to much and fall asleep in the afternoon

Sounds like a very long and delicate op that Jess is having and I hope it all goes well *crosses everything*
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Where does she want to go for Christmas Day?
    Anywhere cos ‘it’s boring at home’. We always spend Christmas Day at home because it’s more relaxed. Her main issue is that, after her op, she’s going to be limited wrt company/groups of people so that the risk of an infection that could cause earache is reduced. We will try to convince her to have an occasional friend around

I had a horrible day yesterday. Both kids hanged up on me cos I told them Jess couldn’t give her pills to Katie. Katie has an implant which mucks up her periods. Every few months she’s put on the pill for a couple of months. She’s on her break but has bad period pains so decided it would be a good idea to take some of jess’ rather than calling the doctor .... neither of them believed me when I told them it was illegal and potentially dangerous. And Jess didn’t get that the doctor wouldn’t give her her repeats a month early and wasn’t likely to believe she’d ‘dropped them down the loo’. So, anyway, I had both of them yelling at me over text at the same time.

I’m feeling battered

Oh sweetheart I'm sorry..... Are things more settled this morning?

At the moment but I haven’t seen much of them. Off soon to a vip event with our local, independent jewellers with Katie - mulled wine, mince pies and sparklies