Page 52 of 76 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

. The problem was simple but the loo is built in to the wall and it was impossible to get at. And a plumber came a few weeks ago, made it worse then never came back to us!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Despite talking about it for years, now that it might be happening soon I’ve suddenly got twitchy about moving house. Partly, I think, because I still love my house and, if it wasn’t for my health, I wouldn’t want to move. Partly because mum and dad are having such nightmares with their move, it’s scaring me a little. I’d forgotten how hellish the process is ......
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I can understand that. I hate, hate, hate moving house. You'd stay local to where you are I'd assume? Are you actively looking or just thinking about it atm?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

We’re sorting out stuff that needs decorating to prepare the house to go on the market, now that Si has a perm job. I can’t even begin to think about how I’m going to manage viewings .....

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    We’re sorting out stuff that needs decorating to prepare the house to go on the market, now that Si has a perm job. I can’t even begin to think about how I’m going to manage viewings .....
    Just read that as Si has a perm(anent wave), I thought he'll be having a blue rinse next

Glad the loo is sorted.

Cue a joke:
    The loo was stolen from the local police station. After investigation the police have nothing to go on

I'm lucky I've only moved house once and then I was only 13, I left my old house and went to school and returned to my new house (new house it is 57 years old as was built 1960 which was when we moved in).

You may have mentioned it but have you seen a prospective new house you'd like to move in to?
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

No particular house, it just has to be easier for me to live in .... I’ve actually lived in 10 different houses in the first (almost) 44 years of my life. I’ve lived in this house for 14 years, over double the amount of time I’ve lived anywhere else because I love the house and never wanted to move again.

A house is made from bricks and stone,
    A home is made from love alone.

No matter where you move to you will make your house into a loving home for you and your family.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

OldMike (26-11-17),Paula (25-11-17),Suzi (25-11-17)

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    A house is made from bricks and stone,
    A home is made from love alone.

No matter where you move to you will make your house into a loving home for you and your family.
    Magie, that's beautiful.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Thank you, Magie, that has really helped

Out of nowhere my hand seriously flared tonight - so much that I’m struggling to use my crutches. And it’s freezing cold. But it’ll pass

EJ
    I agree it's freezing cold and just come in. I hope your hand improves Paula xx