Page 41 of 76 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    Will you wish Si a happy birthday for today please. Is it a significant birthday this year?
    Only that he’s officially late 40s now lol - he’s 47
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Happy birthday Si, now he's passed his mid-forties he can officially be called old so hope you got him a pipe, cardi and furry slippers for his birthday so he can happily while away his later years in front of a roaring log fire
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (07-11-17),Suzi (07-11-17)

We’ve been to the cinema today and gone out for a meal this evening. It was a lovely day . Mind you, I’m knackered lol
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

So glad you had a lovely day together!
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve got a meeting with the Disability Forum (BDDF) on 21 Nov. My friend (who’s the Vice Chair) has sent over details of the plans for me (other than Mental Health) - the fb and twitter pages need tweaking and they want me to run them. They also plan to set up a community support forum attached to the website and want me to run that. They also need someone to manage the membership which includes individual and corporate. It does sound a lot but they have a paid adminstrator so I wouldn’t be alone.

Today, however, I’m exhausted so it really sounds a lot. I’m taking it easy so I know it’ll pass

There must be something in the air. There seems to be a lot of treacle about today! I've my jobs done and I only have to go out later to pick Aisling up. Thank goodness.

That does sound a huge amount! Please be careful about agreeing to take on too many things - you know as well as I do how things can get added to that list too....

this afternoon has got away from me. I’m still so tired, can’t get warm so am wrapped up in a shawl, I ache and just feel woolly itms. I’d given myself today as a catch up on energy but might have to extend that into tomorrow at this rate. I forget CRPS causes fatigue and short term memory loss and then a day like today happens

I am sorry you had such a rotten day Paula. Keeping you in my prayers.
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

I really think you might have to allow yourself a few days to just "be" itms?