Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Thank you
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    What Suzi said hunni.
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I don’t know what the nerves at the back of my eyes look like but I do know I’m having to use eye drops several times a day because they’re stinging. I also know that my hearing hasn’t returned since my flu - it’s muffled, Im getting tinnitus and can feel pressure and I get dizzy when I stand up. I don’t know if I should see my GP in case it’s still flu hangover or wait for neurology. I’ve tried ear drops but that hasn’t helped at all, I don’t think they’re blocked.

My jaw is aching I feel so tense and I am only keeping myself from breaking down by sheer willpower
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    go to the gp hunni as he may also hurry neurology along for you xx
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

I’ll try neurology tomorrow again and go from there

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

Angie (25-10-17)

I'm with Angie - see your GP and see if they can help it along - whilst giving you a check up at the same time.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Angie (25-10-17)

Believe it or not, I’ve told Si I’m going to try to see my GP tomorrow. My eyes are stinging worse than ever and the pressure behind my ears is getting worse. I did call neurology but had the same spiel as Monday - except that she was able to tell me that opthmology had put me down for an urgent MRI (which I’ve obviously had) and the referral was ‘in the system’.

Feeling pretty low tonight. I’m so tired of fighting

I'm really glad that you are going to see the Dr. Hopefully you'll get some answers or someone to help push the referral through...
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

Hope you get some answers when you see your GP Paula
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

The pressure lessened a bit this morning so i didn’t call the surgery as I really wanted to see my friend. But she has had a lot of experience of the neuro dept recently and tells me she had the same ‘we haven’t got the paperwork yet’ Line from them, partly because the regional neuro centre is in Southampton so our local dept doesn’t see much of the consultants day to day. I’ll call again tomorrow and, if I haven’t heard early next week, I’ll ask my GP to chase it.

In better news, my wedding ring is ready!!!