Page 17 of 76 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

I'm currently on 20 mg Lercanidipine (calcium channel blockers) and 20mg (16mg+4mg) Candesartan (angiotensin II receptor antagonist, a what you may ask) it took many months to get the right meds to reduce my BP.

Paula hope you get your BP meds sorted soon, give those two little doggies (Luna & Polo) a good cuddle as that is supposed to reduce BP
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Glad you're being looked after lovely.
    Hoorah for the IOW move! I love the IOW. Many, many happy memories attached.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I’ve been staring at my thread for 2 days trying to figure out what to write. I’ve really struggled with my BP diagnosis. It was terrifying knowing how dangerous it was and how seriously the doctors were taking it - there was none of the ‘we’ll keep an eye on it before doing anything’ or ‘you need to make these lifestyle changes’. I feel such a burden on my family.
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

You know as well as I do that your family do not see you that way at all. Talk to Si - tell him how you are feeling.
    I have struggled with a few dx that I've been given over the years.... Love, listen the fact they are taking it seriously is a good thing. You're being looked after and that's really important.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (30-09-17)

I can totally sympathise. I’d never had high bp my entire life but suddenly I was given a Dx of diabetes, followed by high bp and put on cholesterol meds ‘just in case’ all within a few months and to shook me badly. It was so scary that my health seemed to suddenly take a nosedive but you know what? I’m still here. Yeah heavily medicated to get by daily and I totally hate that but I can’t do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I’ve been staring at my thread for 2 days trying to figure out what to write. I’ve really struggled with my BP diagnosis. It was terrifying knowing how dangerous it was and how seriously the doctors were taking it - there was none of the ‘we’ll keep an eye on it before doing anything’ or ‘you need to make these lifestyle changes’. I feel such a burden on my family.
    High BP is a serious condition, fortunately in my case it was found soon enough, even so I've still got a very enlarged heart due to its effects.

Just follow the guidelines given to you by your doctors and discuss it with Si as to how best you can make the lifestyle changes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (01-10-17)

How are you today lovely?

I’m ok. Spent the morning in my dressing gown watching tv

I’ve told Si I want to get away with him for a couple of days. I haven’t had a holiday this year and, with my hand, Jess’s GCSEs, flu and the bp, I feel like I’ve spent the year just trying to catch my breath. I know it sounds ridiculous given I don’t work but I need a break away from everything
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Doesn’t sound ridiculous at all. Time away from the everyday crap is something we all need from time to time

Not ridiculous in the least a change of venue will do you good, a nice hotel with nice food will do you the world of good