Page 12 of 76 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Lots of liquids, take what you can and need to and rest.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

My hearings gone now, my lips are all chapped and blistered and my nose is chapped ...... feeling decidedly sorry for myself tonight

I've got a meeting on Monday with my housegroup leaders to talk about why I'm leaving. The Pastoral Coordinator (also Jess's godmother and a dear friend) is coming with me and has already spoken to the leaders. I spoke to her today and she believes they completely misunderstood my concerns. I'm nervous but I can only go and see what happens. They're lovely people and I don't want to lose them as friends.

I'm looking at some dead roses in a vase and I havent got the energy to get rid of them but am strangely unable to ask Si to do it. I know that's irrational but it's how I feel tonight
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I really hope that you don't stress too much about that meeting - I know I would struggle with it.
    Do you know why you don't think you can ask Si?
    Hope you feel better tomorrow lovely.

Erm, it's only flowers but I'm very conscious that he's been working 12 hour days all week and when he comes home I'm lying uselessly on the sofa and he's the one who's doing dinner, sorting the dogs out, tidying up the house. It just feels like one more thing I shouldn't have to burden him with. And, yes, I know I'm not feeling well but it doesn't stop me feeling guilty itms
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I understand that... But rationally you are ill, and if it was the other way round you wouldn't think of it as a burden at all and so I'm sure he wouldn't either!

Hope you're feeling at least a little brighter today lovely x

I don't feel quite so lethargic. I think I'm getting better and my voice is definitely better. I'm still doubling up on my preventer inhaler as I still had to use the reliever a couple of times yesterday My ears are clogged up, although that's not always a bad thing when you've got teenagers

I've asked Si to carry the vase into the kitchen for me .... and he took me into the opticians to pick up my new glasses. I love them! And, no, I'm not taking a pic when my lips and nose are red and chapped

Just a pic of the specs will do then lol

A la Eric morecambe?

Yeah why not.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

OldMike (17-09-17)