Page 50 of 76 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast

Thread: Miss Sparkles *Triggers*

Of course they wanted you on board because you're awesome
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

2. The Following User Says Thank You to OldMike For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-11-17)

Yesterday took its toll. I was updating my Xmas lists (and had a bit of a nightmare that meant recreating some of them) and couldn’t remember my brother’s stepson’s name or my best friend’s mum’s name - who I’ve known since I was 11!
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

I've had a similar day... (hugs) Hope you get some resting in now love.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

Paula (22-11-17)

all change today with my parent’s move - issues with the house they were buying means that today they’ve pulled out of that purchase and had an offer accepted on another property. Hopefully, it won’t delay things too much - particularly as they’re staying with my brother and, close as we all are, 4 adults and 4 teenage boys in one house has its challenges

We had a call from the hospital who’ve had a cancellation which means Jess will be having her ear surgery on 11 December. .
    The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Blimey they have had a time of it, aww bless Jess but it means its sorted quicker for her aswell
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Yeh it will. But we’ve had to do some real encouraging to get her to agree to the op. She wanted to put it off as it’s nasty and with a 3 month full recovery time

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Oh bless her can understand her wanting to put it off though xx
    If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run, then walk, if you can’t walk, then crawl, but by all means keep moving.
    Quote by Martin Luther King JR

Are they still moving to the IOW? Must be a nightmare with being messed about..

Is Jess OK about it? Have you talked to college? I'm not surprised she's scared. It's a big op isn't it?

So, have you managed to get any rest at all?

Yes, they’re still moving to IOW but it’s been a stressful few days. This is why I hate moving house!

Jess isn’t ok about it but knows it’s got to be done. As they’re all but taking her outer ear off, she’s very worried about scars though the dr told her they’d but behind the ear. And she doesn’t like surgery, who does? So she’s nervous.

Rest has been a non starter today but tomorrow will be better

I hate moving too! I'm glad that it's all sorted - maybe the new house was meant to be this way?
    I really feel for Jess. It sounds like a horrible op, but she's really brave! Does that mean 3 months at home recovering or will she be able to carry on at college etc?

Rest tomorrow, please love...