Thread: Hi...i am new here

Wink Hi...i am new here

i have been dealing with depression for most of my life...i am 59 years old...mental health issues have been in my family, both parents...i also have to deal with anxiety and PTSD...i have one daughter who is battling depression...my husband also has depression...we have been together for 21 years and we love each other more and more as time passes...we support each other ...when either of us sees the other displaying more than usual symptoms we tell each other, which takes a lot of trusts ...and we will suggest that it is time to phone the psychiatrist and get in to be seen before our set appointments...there have been only about 4 or 5 times we have had major depressive episodes at the same time, which can be difficult...i have many hobbies which help distract me from my illness...i knit, weave, crochet, spin wool using hand spindles, not on a wheel....my storage room looks like a fibre/yarn factory exploded in it...lol.....i think i have so much yarn my daughter will be inheriting some ..lol...i am now deaf..my husband and daughter are learning ASL with me...being deaf can make one feel very isolated from the world...i am still learning how to deal with it...being deaf can cause some funny situations...i can lip read fairly well, but sometimes i misread what people are saying...for example one day my husband said i want a new tv...i "read" i want a new I.V...talk about confusing but funny...that happens quite often......well i am going to try and sleep again (insomnia) i wish you all a peace filled day/night from Canada

Hi Cath and welcome
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Welcome to DWD Cath, please feel free to have a look around and join in at your leisure. I think you will find many of the ladies here do alot with yarn/crochet etc. http://www.dealingwithdepression.co....p?31-Yarn-Talk

It is very nice to see how you both support each other, that can be one of the hardest things about mental health especially when you both suffer.

Hello and welcome
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hi and welcome Cath x

Hi Cath a few of the ladies on this forum do knitting, cross stitch and crochet
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hi Cath. I'm Teri & I do crochet & quilt by hand. I am also in Canada, so hope you are having a good Sunday. Nice to meet you & I look forward to reading more about you.

Hi Cath! I'm one of the crochet ladies here too! Love it!
    You sound lovely so please jump on in as and when you feel ready!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

WynterLady (05-09-17)