Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Propranolol withdrawal

I’m one of those weird people who loves Revision . How’s it going?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I do too!
    So glad you've found your mojo
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I wish I loved revision. It was as if somebody flicked a switch on Friday night and I entered revision mode - on edge, stressed out, not sleeping, moody, emotional. I have got 6 weeks of this. My counsellor offered to cancel my appointments so I can concentrate on revision but I said no and I am glad I did - she will get it all poured out to her on Friday. Hubby came home last night and I just threw my toes down and said I can't do this. Exams have always affected me this way.

I am on 3 weeks study leave then in uni for 2 weeks (including 2 presentations to write) then 4 days study leave - I don't feel it is enough time to revise it all. During my 6 months leave I did bits but nothing of quality and now I am panicking.
    Last edited by Paula; 10-10-17 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Merged posts

Deep breaths, lovely. Maybe having a shorter revision period will help you focus better. It’s hard to get into a routine when you have 6 months to do it. I suggest doing 20mins study then take a rest, then repeat. It’s just as important to rest plenty as it is to be looking at the books.

i have merged your posts, hunni. Please don’t double post
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

I learn it, then write about it, then mark it then take a break. It is a long process so I don't cover enough topics each day.

Sorry for double posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Overwhelmed View Post
    Sorry for double posting.
    No probs

Just re read things, do you find making revision cards or notes help? Can you work with someone else? Are you actively studying or getting distracted?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I am actively revising alone - I know very few people in my new cohort and they are all working on their dissertation now. I find writing it out after learning it helps and then writing in the bits I missed in a different colour on my huge white board then photographing it helps. Exams have always caused major anxiety for me ever since I started secondary school. Hubby tried to ease my worries tonight while out walking but my b12 Def means I have trouble retaining info (plus I suspect I am very iron anaemic right now making me feel rough but am seeing gp tomorrow). As long as I pass all will be well, I just have to put up with the anxiety until it is over.

You can do this, I know you can. Hope that the GP appointment goes well x
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn