Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: would you

would you

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/...cid=spartandhp

A hospital worker won the power ball in the U.S last week 758 million dollars and now the police are out side her house protecting her from people who are asking for money. I am really pleased for her that she won and i am sure she will help out local charities etc but for people to besiege her and beg for money is down right sad.
    If one of your friends won a fortune would you beg them for money? I dont know what it would be like not knowing when your next meal is coming from, but i dont think i would beg a lottery winner for money. I hope she moves out soon and hires a decent lawyer to look after her.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

What could you do with all that money anyway? I wouldn't beg anyone for money but that said if I have money to spare I would look after my friends and family without thinking twice. I really wouldn't want that amount of money though. It's just obscene.
    ".Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith first. The trust part comes later.”

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stella180 For This Useful Post:

purplefan (28-08-17),WynterLady (05-09-17)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella180 View Post
    What could you do with all that money anyway? I wouldn't beg anyone for money but that said if I have money to spare I would look after my friends and family without thinking twice. I really wouldn't want that amount of money though. It's just obscene.
    I would! I know exactly what I'd do with lots of it! I would make sure that all friends and family were sorted and had enough to live comfortably on. I'd buy a DWD holiday retreat somewhere lovely near the sea - probably an awesome castle in South Wales! Obviously commissioning the wonderful Jarre to do all the renovations and making it Suzi friendly - also with pool, gym, cinema, music studio etc....
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

WynterLady (05-09-17)

I wonder how much intrest she would get on that. I agree with stella that if i won i would look after my friends and family. In the report it says that people have been knocking on her neighbours doors trying to find out where she lived. Sometimes winning a lot of money is a curse rather than a blessing.

A popsicle stick makes a great bookmark. But eat the popsicle first. Don't make the same mistake I did.

No I wouldn't beg anyone for money but I wouldn't turn it down if offered
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post

No I wouldn't beg anyone for money but I wouldn't turn it down if offered

Quote Originally Posted by purplefan View Post
    I wonder how much intrest she would get on that. I agree with stella that if i won i would look after my friends and family. In the report it says that people have been knocking on her neighbours doors trying to find out where she lived. Sometimes winning a lot of money is a curse rather than a blessing.
    I'd be happy to take part of that curse for her
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    I wouldn't beg or ask for money. And if I won a large sum of money, I'd opt to remain anonymous.

Knight of Spamswotting by Highest order of Chufty Badges Jarre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    I would! I know exactly what I'd do with lots of it! I would make sure that all friends and family were sorted and had enough to live comfortably on. I'd buy a DWD holiday retreat somewhere lovely near the sea - probably an awesome castle in South Wales! Obviously commissioning the wonderful Jarre to do all the renovations and making it Suzi friendly - also with pool, gym, cinema, music studio etc....
    You seen the new lifts Germany has developed that goes sideways, that would be good in a castle, dial a room and zip.

I would design and build a high tech house in japan for me, lol, build a retreat, sort my back out with surgery in japan (oh and other things, they are very good in the health fields there) Got to agree witht he music studio plus for me a vast array of vintage synthesizors and some modern ones with recording equipments etc.) , hydrotherapy pool is another and in japan tap into the hydrothermal water like they do at onsesns and have my very own hot spring bath house while also heating the house and using the hot spring water to make hot water, all green, with wind turbines and solar panels so i can be off grid if need be
    Last edited by Jarre; 29-08-17 at 10:13 PM.

In the U.S. Magie you cant have that option. Part of the terms and conditions for entering is you must take part in a few news conferences.
    Quote Originally Posted by magie06 View Post
    I wouldn't beg or ask for money. And if I won a large sum of money, I'd opt to remain anonymous.