Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Running out of mirtazapine

I'm on them continuously and still have some of the dispersible left. I agree that they are difficult at the beginning because of the sleepy side effects and bad dreams. I have not had success in coming off them either. I'm not troubled with weight gain either.

Oh I put on loads but at the time I was put on them insomnia was a big issue for me and I’d rather be fat and rested than sleepless and irritable.

Still having problems with my meds. My current prescription runs out in about two weeeks. I would usually ask for a repeat from the pharmacy. Problem is that my rolling repeat has run out. Do I need to go to the docs and see someone or will they renew over the phone? I was told by Dr J that I would be on my meds for life - well the lithium at least. I’m going away at the end of May so I need to sort it out before then. My working week does not allow much time for phone calls or trips to the drs and Mr H is reluctant to help. Help !!!

Don’t you have a lunch break you can use to call?
    ‘When all else fails, use glitter instead’

Yes I do. It the surgery has certain times when you can ring about certain things. Lunchtime isnÂ’t one of them. We are also semi rural and the phone signal is poor.

I think I will put it on the email and see what they will do ?
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 06-05-18 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Please try not to double post

Email is a good idea.. Why won't Mr H help?

I was able to re order my lithium online so my worries about not being able to were unfounded. I wonder if someone checks and authorises the medication. The mirtazapine will run out at the end June. Mr H is always reluctant to help as there always seems to be a problem at the pharmacy when collecting my meds.

Glad you got your lithium sorted...
    Could you change pharmacies?

I don’t see how that would help ? I know the pharmacist and his wife. They are very helpful. It is the doctors that sort out the prescriptions.

I obviously misunderstood - you said that there's always an issue with your prescriptions....