Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Running out of mirtazapine

I checked with the pharmacist yesterday and some travel meds are not ok with the medication that I take. We had a long chat in a private room in Boots. I think that the pharamacist was more interested in my mental health and my 'journey' - my mental health journey rather than my forthcoming holiday. She was a really interesting person to chat to. She was pleased with the support that I can have if I need it.

That's really good that you've got someone you can talk to like that...

She was a stranger Suzi assessing what type of travel sickness tablets she could prescribe.

But at least she gave you some time and worked through things privately.

I went to the pharmacy today to pick up my medication which is on a 'rolling repeat' The mirtazapine dispersible tablets which I was forced to have a few months ago owing to cost are now unobtainable. I'm back on the solid tablets yippee. I just wish I could come off them. The answer has always been 'no' I think I need to sort out my lithium blood test. I'll need to check.

Those dispersive tablets are disgusting! What a relief to be back on the solid ones, I bet
    Come on everybody, join in the QUIZ, I need the competition!

Thank goodness for solid ones!

I stand next to the chief pharmacist of E and she said I could swallow the dispersible tablets. I haven't started the tablets yet. I wonder what will happen when I go for my repeat.

I’ve been on Mirtazapine as a secondary AD for about 3 yrs now and other than helping me to sleep I never thought it did anything for me. Oh how I was wrong! After a few days off it cos of a cock up with ordering my repeat, I originally thought I was ok and then it hit me. This week has been hell. The mood swings have been horrendous. I’ve not been on great form for a long while anyway but now I realise just how bad things could be. Soluble or not I don’t think it matters so long as you keep taking them.

Why haven't you started them?