Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Running out of mirtazapine

My son can't take pills and so has everything either as liquid or as soluble. He swears by adding something like a lemon squash to the glass as it makes it just that bit more palatable. Might be worth trying whilst you've still got some capsules left over so you aren't left with nothing and a situation where you can't get anymore in time for your next dose if that makes sense?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

My friend happens to be the chief pharmacist of E and she has said that I can swallow the soluble tablets. I still haven't tried that. I've felt exhausted this weekend and I'm going away in under two weeks. If I'm not careful then all I'll be taking is a swimsuit and a travel hairdryer !!

Are you getting any rest in?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I slept for 9.5 hours last night and dozed this afternoon. I'm really looking forward to the holiday.

Then how come you haven't packed?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

It's not for two weeks. A lot of my clothes don't fit as I have lost 1st 7lbs in weight.

Wow that's a huge loss! Were you trying to lose it?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Travel Sickness Medication

I'm off on my holidays next Saturday. Last year I suffered badly with travel sickness as the Amalfi coast is very bendy but very beautiful with breathtaking views. I felt very nauseous and I had to buy something in an Italian pharmacy which I think was herbal based.
    I saw the pharmacist at our large local Boots who has prescribed travel bands and an anti emetic. Has anyone else has successful travel sickness medication ? It needs to work with the lithium and mirtazapine that I currently take as well.

I always use travel bands - have had to since I was pregnant with Ben and I couldn't even look at a car without being very ill.... The only other thing we've found works is actually an Italian remedy and it's basically bicarb and lemon and it's in weird shapes which you dissolve in water and drink. It's brilliant for all things tummy related. I get it in my Italian deli. I'll see if I can find the jar or pop in and get some to show you what it is..
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Suzi For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (07-10-17)

I’m sure travel sickness meds are ok with lithium but it’s not a bad idea to check with your doctor if you’re not sure. Otherwise, ginger is great for settling stomachs.

I have merged your recent medication threads as there’s no need for new threads for these posts
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass