Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Running out of mirtazapine

I'm on them continuously and still have some of the dispersible left. I agree that they are difficult at the beginning because of the sleepy side effects and bad dreams. I have not had success in coming off them either. I'm not troubled with weight gain either.

Oh I put on loads but at the time I was put on them insomnia was a big issue for me and I’d rather be fat and rested than sleepless and irritable.

Still having problems with my meds. My current prescription runs out in about two weeeks. I would usually ask for a repeat from the pharmacy. Problem is that my rolling repeat has run out. Do I need to go to the docs and see someone or will they renew over the phone? I was told by Dr J that I would be on my meds for life - well the lithium at least. I’m going away at the end of May so I need to sort it out before then. My working week does not allow much time for phone calls or trips to the drs and Mr H is reluctant to help. Help !!!

Don’t you have a lunch break you can use to call?
    Sometimes the best thing you can do is not think, not wonder, not imagine, not obsess. Just breathe and have faith that everything will work out for the best.

Yes I do. It the surgery has certain times when you can ring about certain things. Lunchtime isnÂ’t one of them. We are also semi rural and the phone signal is poor.

I think I will put it on the email and see what they will do ?
    Last edited by Jaquaia; 06-05-18 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Please try not to double post

Email is a good idea.. Why won't Mr H help?
    Today I aim to be the best person I can be.
    That mean that yesterday or tomorrow I might be a better person,
    but today's best is more than good enough for today.

I was able to re order my lithium online so my worries about not being able to were unfounded. I wonder if someone checks and authorises the medication. The mirtazapine will run out at the end June. Mr H is always reluctant to help as there always seems to be a problem at the pharmacy when collecting my meds.

Glad you got your lithium sorted...
    Could you change pharmacies?

I don’t see how that would help ? I know the pharmacist and his wife. They are very helpful. It is the doctors that sort out the prescriptions.

I obviously misunderstood - you said that there's always an issue with your prescriptions....