Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi nervous newcomer

I have to do something right? Regardless of what happens I feel that this is a watershed moment for me. I am a very nervous person by nature but even by posting on here and getting positive, friendly feedback and messages it has had a good effect....thankyou

I think it's great that you are trying to do so much to change things but make sure you don't take on so much at once that you can't maintain it all. The fact that you are wanting things to get better is all very positive.

Welcome to DWD
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

I understand.....just had a good old chat with my mum....what would we do without them. I have decided to go to Slimming world lolol proper bricking it.....t-10mins until I leave

You'll be fine.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Hope it went well!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Well I went.....it was very awkward to be honest I am not the most open person in the world. So I sat on my own for the session. Too be honest it wasn't for me but part of me is proud that I went on my own.

I think a previous poster was right, in regard to not trying to much at one go. So for now I will concentrate on getting myself better and hopefully saving my relationship.

Those goals are big enough right now.
    Well done for going.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Thanks....it was quite the experience!!!

Tomorrow I am trying Parkrun a free 5K run. Just trying different things to keep me busy otherwise crazy thoughts start brewing

Have fun with it!
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

So Parkrun was a much bigger success than Slimming World.....for a few moments the worry disappeared and was replaced by breathlessness and a sense of achievement t. Unfortunately the high quickly faded and now more than ever over the last few days I seem to be my lowest.....I think it's partly due to a headache I can't shift and this sick feeling I have