Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi nervous newcomer

Hi nervous newcomer

Hi everyone

So I feel like I have been struggling with depression for many years, I am 35 and have always been quiet and a bit socially awkward, always had quite low confidence.

I have often felt down, lethargic and as a result have put on a lot of weight.

Everything has come to a head recently as my partner of 7 years is close to breaking up with me over stupid lies I have told over finances and I can't really blame her.

This has however spurred me into making an appointment with my GP as I have come to the realisation that whatever happens in the future, I cannot live the rest of my life like this.

Every little thing that goes wrong causes me to be physically sick, no matter what it is. Sometimes on the way to work, even though I don't hate it at all, the thought of all the things I have to do in that day causes me to have to pull over and be sick.

So this post is the result of a lot of googling and thinking about plucking up the courage to call the Samaritans.

But anyway, hi all the same!!

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Hi and welcome! Well done for making that first step!
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Hi and welcome

Hi and welcome to DWD. I'm glad you've decided to go and see the Dr. That's a huge step. Have you thought about something like relate if you think you can salvage your relationship? - For the record when my husband had a breakdown he told me that he'd been paying the rent and the first thing I knew differently was a "notice to seek possession" from our landlords.... My whole world crumbled. But we got through it and we're still together now. It can be done. Talk to her.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Thank-you for the replies.

I truly hope that our relationship can be salvaged, currently however she is in Brighton for the weekend so I won't get the chance to speak until Sunday, since she has told me that she want's to enjoy her weekend away, so I wont pressure her for now.

She said that she want's to see proof that I am trying to change, so I hope the fact that I have made an appointment with my GP will help with that.

I still have to wait over a week before I get to see my GP however, which I guess is normal nowadays.

Hi Barry welcome to DWD
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Hi and welcome and well done for making that appointment. Be honest with your doctor and it can help to take some notes with you.
    Is there anything you can do before your partner returns to start the ball rolling to deal with the financial stuff?
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

Hi I already have in that respect, I have already came up with a repayment plan earlier in the month so as I got paid today all bills and rent have been paid. I have also paid some back into her account so hopefully she will see that I am very serious about sorting myself out.

Even thinking about going to the local Slimming World tonight and joining up.....

10. The Following User Says Thank You to barrymat For This Useful Post:

Paula (24-08-17)

Good for you. It's great that you are working through this. You can tell her about here too if you feel comfortable doing so... Maybe think about something like relate where you can work through relationship stuff within the safe confines of a counselling session.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn