Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back pain and feeling low

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    So many people take their back for granted and in all honesty a simple twist or a bend down to pick something up, can really destroy our backs. Today I went shopping and instead of taking my crutches, I left them in the car and went without for the first time in ages. And for the first time in ages, I had to take something for pain because I was really struggling.

Take care of your back and don't forget to let your Osteopath know how much you suffered this week.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to magie06 For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (20-08-17)

I know you are planning on seeing your osteopath, but is it worth going to see your Dr about it and maybe organising some scans/xrays to help put your mind at rest re the MND? That has to be a huge fear of yours - and understandably so.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

If it was the paracetamol that was making you constipated you could always ask the doctor for some of the powder sachets that you put in a bit of water and they have the opposite effect. Works for me

My back is still painful especially in the morning. I have had one treatment with my osteopath and another 'booked' although I am on the cancellation list for next week and a firm appointment the following week. The osteopath told me not to twist and bend too much and to rest. It is marginally better.
    As I have been following a weight loss programme on a Saturday night I cook something out of one of the books. Yesterday it was smoked tofu and vegetable stir fry with noodles. It has a lot of different spices in it. It was yummy.
    My insides have been really up and down with taking fybogel and then having the opposite effect. I was still constipated when I wasn't taking the pain killers. I think things are settling down and almost back to normal.
    I think that my bowels just slowed down because I was depressed.
    I go back to work on Tuesday and I'm not looking forward to it. I need to get lots of rest in tomorrow.

EJ I'm sorry you're still struggling with your back
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Paula For This Useful Post:

ElizabethJane1 (28-08-17)

I love Tofu and stir fry! Glad you enjoyed it!

Sorry your back is still so painful. If you can't lift and twist are you going to manage going back to work?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I thought you might enjoy the tofu stir fry. I'm just going to have to cope tomorrow so chilling today. N is taking his elderly mother to hospital tomorrow but is going up tonight so it is not such a big drive tomorrow. Hopefully As receptionist will ring with an osteopath cancellation. I think I will be worse at home. It is moving in the morning that is such a problem.

Have you tried all the things like hot water bottle or frozen peas?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Thanks for sharing this ...........

Hope you are feeling a little bit better today. I have had serious back ache for a month so I have found as couple of things that slightly improve the pain. One is some special exercises that you can do to release the nerves in your back. Found these on you tube , let me tell you the last thing you think about when in agony is exercise . They really work ! The second thing ..... Memory foam toppers what a godsend. So far this week I have only taken one diclofenac tablet . I completely understand where your coming from on the morning situation.