Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aripiprazole

Aripiprazole

So i was given some new medication to cope with my hallucinations and reading a bit about it, it is also treated for mania. it is 5mg so it is not a big does also i was told that i have to come off Citaripram next week reducing gradually and going on Duloxetine 60mg to be taken immediately 1 time a day. Has any one taken Aripiprazole before and what was the effects?

I see a woman in the nightWith a baby in her hand Under an old street light Near a garbage can. Now she puts the kid away,
    and she's gone to get a hit She hates her life,
    and what she's done to it. There's one more kid that will never go to school Never get to fall in love,
    never get to be cool.

I have taken abilify before,the side effect I think is restless leg syndrome and also it keeps you awake,it will be a problem if you take it before you sleep.Watch everyone varies on side effect when on same medication.

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    I was on abilify purple. Restless legs were one of the side effects. Also you could become more sensitive to the sun. Good luck with it.

Bit worried about the restless leg but not so much the awake .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratherblue2 View Post
    I have taken abilify before,the side effect I think is restless leg syndrome and also it keeps you awake,it will be a problem if you take it before you sleep.Watch everyone varies on side effect when on same medication.

I see a woman in the nightWith a baby in her hand Under an old street light Near a garbage can. Now she puts the kid away,
    and what she's done to it. There's one more kid that will never go to school Never get to fall in love,
    never get to be cool.

I have been told it can put on weight. I am a bit worried about that. Has anyone experienced that?

never get to be cool.

It is one that can cause weight gain the same as mirtazapine cos it can increase your appetite.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

I think it's about time that you were offered some more help with your hallucinations..
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

I just realised I probably put my comments about hallucination in the wrong thread, sorry Purple.

Bit of an update on me taking Aripiprazole.
    Sitll seeing my hallucination and not experienced any side effects although i am eating a bit more but i mainly eat fruit in the evenings now. I am wondering how long it takes before it starts to work?

never get to be cool.

How long have you been on it?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn