Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aripiprazole

Aripiprazole

So i was given some new medication to cope with my hallucinations and reading a bit about it, it is also treated for mania. it is 5mg so it is not a big does also i was told that i have to come off Citaripram next week reducing gradually and going on Duloxetine 60mg to be taken immediately 1 time a day. Has any one taken Aripiprazole before and what was the effects?
    They look at me and think I'm cool, I'm purplefan at night I rule.

Ratherblue2
    I have taken abilify before,the side effect I think is restless leg syndrome and also it keeps you awake,it will be a problem if you take it before you sleep.Watch everyone varies on side effect when on same medication.

I was on abilify purple. Restless legs were one of the side effects. Also you could become more sensitive to the sun. Good luck with it.

Bit worried about the restless leg but not so much the awake .
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratherblue2 View Post
    I have taken abilify before,the side effect I think is restless leg syndrome and also it keeps you awake,it will be a problem if you take it before you sleep.Watch everyone varies on side effect when on same medication.

I have been told it can put on weight. I am a bit worried about that. Has anyone experienced that?

It is one that can cause weight gain the same as mirtazapine cos it can increase your appetite.

I think it's about time that you were offered some more help with your hallucinations..
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I just realised I probably put my comments about hallucination in the wrong thread, sorry Purple.

Bit of an update on me taking Aripiprazole.
    Sitll seeing my hallucination and not experienced any side effects although i am eating a bit more but i mainly eat fruit in the evenings now. I am wondering how long it takes before it starts to work?

How long have you been on it?
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!