Thread: Sertraline

Game_of_lows

Sertraline

Hi all,

Went to see a doctor yesterday and he gave me Sertraline 50mg to be taken once a day.

Feel light headed, dizzy eta

Has anybody else had this experience?

I'm on Sertraline been on 50 mg for many years and am now on 100 mg. I'm just trying to recall the side effects when I started on the Sertraline, if I recall correctly I felt muzzy headed and it also gave me bad heartburn.
    77 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Stick with it as much as possible and they should start to go in a week or so. Of course, if they get too bad to deal with then please go back to your gp
    Tên përdu, jhamâi së rëcôbro

Absolutely agree with Jaq - the general rule of thumb is that the side effects should disappear by the end of 2 weeks, but they'll take anywhere from 4 - 6 weeks to get into your system properly.
    Do a little of something that makes you happy every day!

I started on 25mg by cutting the tablets in half when I had Sertraline. That worked nicely for me and until my dose was upped to 100mg I didn't have any negative side effects from 50mg. Maybe a little dry mouth. I don't know if the type of tablets you have can be cut, not all can, something to ask the GP?

Ovalbug
    I wasn't on them for long as they totally destroyed my libido, but the other side effects were mild and subsided quickly - bit dizzy, dry mouth etc - similar to most SSRIs.

Dark_Baphomet
    I was on it for a short while and it made me suicidal and lose my libido completely, so got taken off it as it was pretty intense