Thread: Sat crying

Sat crying

Sat crying

Guardian of the North and kipper holder Angie's Avatar
    Whats happened ?

Do you want to talk about it?
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

It's the same old thing. Sorry I went to bed to try to block things out. You all must be fed up reading this I am fed up with writing it. My job is the only thing that has kept me going will probably finish at Christmas I feel like my support will just go it feels like a breavement. Even though it's just a job really it's been a friend somewhere to escape to in a funny sort of way. My life at the moment seems to run in slow motion. You can see things happening but you are too slow to stop them

I would like someone else's life at weekend our son is leaving we are throwing him out so he will be homeless no money and by that time no job. He has a brilliant job that people would give their high teeth for but its all come crumbling down. I don't know who to cope with it when it comes I am frighten and scared. Does anyone know where I can go if I walk out as I have no family at all and my friends have their own issues?. I am absolutely terrified of the weekend it's going to be hell. My husband is right we should throw him out we have done everything took him to groups supported him but he came home and has reverted right back. I don't know what I can do perhaps leaving and we all went our separate ways we have been married for 36 years but this is too much to deal with I am not going back to the dr's asI have been there had counselling.

Hold on, your husband wanted him to stay with you? Why the sudden change around? Sounds to me like actually you should be heading to the drs to get some more support. Could you stay with a friend for a couple of nights?
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

We won't get fed up of reading about it. It is a good thing if you keep talking about it.

I agree with Suzi, for youself you need to go back to the doctors and ask for as much support you can have. Tell them how unstable you feel about your home situation and that your stability from your job is not likely to be there in the future. Make sure they know just exactly how hard this is for you and how you thinking of leaving etc.

If your son is leaving and he has nothing then he should be able to apply for emergency housing etc. So long as he stays with you his case will not be so urgent. Right now this is horrible for him, but it might help him to get help independent of his parents in the long run. And that is something all three of you need. Please don't beat yourself up about this. Helping him now by letting him stay actually enables him to stay in his unhealthy pattern and that is bad for all three of you. This is only bad for him, and hopefully only temporarily. I hope he will find somewhere to stay and get financial support and help with his addictions.

It sounds like both you and your husband have changed your minds a number of times about whether to let him stay or not. I can imagine that it is a difficult choice because he is your son. It has put huge stress on your relationship. But I am wondering, if your son is leaving this weekend, then why do you also feel you have to leave. Maybe now it is time for you and your husband to let go of your son and look after each other? Is that possible?

I have arranged this afternoon to go to a group tomorrow night locally for help. I am dreading the next hour everyone is coming in from work and now the rows begin

Hope the evening hasn't been as bad as you feared. Well done for deciding to go to the support group tomorrow.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hope the group is what you need, lovely
    I believe if you wear enough pretty lipstick, sparkly jewellery and great shoes, no one will notice the size of your ass