Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: chelsea

Was wondering if there are any members on here that live in kent, England. It would be nice to talk or meet people going through anxiety and depression. If there is could you private message me. Just need support and reasurance. It's a struggle at the moment.

Hope it's ok to ask this.

I'm in Surrey, so not too far.

However, I would add a word of caution to take sensible precautions for your own safety. It's also really important to note that no one here is qualified or should consider taking on someone as a 1:1 therapy/support.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

It would just be nice to have a chat, fee like you are not alone.

Librarian and chief holder of antiquities and biscuits Jaquaia's Avatar
    Have you contacted your local MIND? They often run support groups in a safe setting.
    Tn prdu, jhami s rcbro

Moderator of Awesomeness magie06's Avatar
    Hi Chelsea, I don't think I've said hello before, so I'll say hi now.
    Suzi is right, you should be careful when meeting anyone from the Internet, even if you've become friendly with them through a website. Some people are not all they seem and things can quickly turn nasty if you are not careful.

Anyway, you will normally get an answer here quite quickly and we are generally a friendly bunch.

Take care and I'm looking forward to getting to know you better.

I am so pleased to read about what your GP finally did for you
    This is a great place to start so that you don't feel alone. You could also look to see if there is a Mind group in your area:
    http://northkentmind.co.uk/
    https://westkentmind.org.uk/
    I would give them a ring and ask what activities, social and supportive, that they might have for you. (They really helped me through an isolated time in the past in a different part of the UK, I live in Holland now.)

It is so great you are getting a break from work. It sounds like you really could use it to try to reset a bit from everything

Thankyou you all for your kind support. I've been through this so much in past few years i should know better. Can I just ask if anyone found mornings so bad? Anxiety and panics etc. This is my worst problem. I'm finding it hard to cope with.

Then can you make a plan of getting up before x time, then do something, then a reward, then a rest then do something - by something, I mean safe things which don't take too long.
    You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Hi chelsea...haven't said hello before. you're with friends here when it comes to anxiety and of course depression. Everyone who's posted so far has said what I would have said, however, I bought a book off Amazon called 'Making friends with Anxiety' by Sarah Rayner. She suffers with anxiety and panic. I must say that I've read the book about 3 times and she makes a lot of sense. Also, Ruby Wax suffers depression and anxiety, and she has written a few books on the subject. I have one called Frazzled. It's quite comical too and surprisingly despite my anxiety etc., I laughed like a drain! I didn't feel so alone after I read these books. You might like to try them. Keep posting.....it'll pass.