Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: chelsea

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea View Post
    Is it normal to have uh physical symptoms? Too much sleeping, numb, breathingproblems, loss of aappetite, not wanting to do anything. I have no interest in anything. My appearance, bathing etc.
    Yep I recognize all those symptoms, I doubt if you'd be sectioned that rarely happens, it'd be worth seeing your GP again to see if you could get a referral to the community mental health team.
    70 and counting, less of the "Old" call me "Mike"

Quote Originally Posted by OldMike View Post
    Yep I recognize all those symptoms, I doubt if you'd be sectioned that rarely happens, it'd be worth seeing your GP again to see if you could get a referral to the community mental health team.
    How do you get help from the community health team. My gp has never offered me this. 35 yers have gone by and I'm still no better. The waiting lists are horrendous where I live. How do you make your GP take note. My life is being wasted on this. I just want someone who can support and advise me. My medication isn't helping either, clomipramine I take two 25 mg tabs at night. I used to take citalapram. I can see how people get so bad that they consider doing something silly.

Not sure about the community health team as I've not been referred but some other members have. I've been on sertraline on and off for about 25 years, CBT didn't help me, meds are the only thing that did, we are all different though.

How does your depression affect you?

Each area is slightly different but certainly ask the question of your GP for more details. My old surgery had a gateway worker who is a qualified mental health nurse and they would assess a patient as suggest a path for treatment. My current surgery refer straight to the community mental health services. The first port of call is always your GP.
    ‘The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.'
    J. M. Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea
    How does your depression affect you?
    It makes life not worth leaving as everything seems totally pointless and I wanted not to be on this earth any more, at its worse I was so fatigued and used to sweat buckets (literally) my shoes/slippers were full of sweat. Fortunately those worst effects are gone because of the meds though I still have times when life seems more trouble than it is worth.

But lets not dwell on the past, things can and will get better and you learn coping mechanisms for the bad times.

Yes i shall go again, the problem i have is that it is so difficult to get an appointment. I never see the same gp twice. You have to see locums alot of the time. My own dr retired 2 years ago, and I'm yet to see my new one. How can you get a rapport with your GP. It's so difficult. I'm really beginning to think what's the point.

Hi chelsea and welcome to DWD. I really think that you do need to go to see the Dr and tell them everything - write a bullet point list of what you want to say and take that with you.
    I would suggest writing that list of symptoms that YOU have, rather than what some of our other members have - if you haven't noticed them then it seems that you might not have that symptom which is a good thing!
    If you go and see a Dr then when you come out make the next appointment there and then to see them next time.
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn

Quote Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
    Hi chelsea and welcome to DWD. I really think that you do need to go to see the Dr and tell them everything - write a bullet point list of what you want to say and take that with you.
    I would suggest writing that list of symptoms that YOU have, rather than what some of our other members have - if you haven't noticed them then it seems that you might not have that symptom which is a good thing!
    If you go and see a Dr then when you come out make the next appointment there and then to see them next time.
    Just an update. I've been to my gp today, made a list of what I wanted to say. She was very considerate. I told her my symptoms and my worries. She is changing my medication, and referring me to the mental health team. I've never been offered this before. It was advice from people on here that have given me courage to air my views. My gp has signed me off work for a month so i can rest. I feel I'mnot alone anymore, I know there is a big support network out there. Thank you all for your kind advice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to chelsea For This Useful Post:

Amaya (08-08-17)

That's so positive! Well done! You did all the hard stuff!
    “You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.”
    - Jon Kabat-Zinn